"Bowser's Castle" 55g Sumpless SPS/LPS Reef(Photo & 720p HD)

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o man thats when you tell ur four year old that its going to be a long week and they have to surive off 25cent boxes of walmart brand mac and cheese and ramen noodles LOL

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im gettin to like ^this guy. LOL

revh is the coolest site owner you will EVER meet, a while back i had to get out and get back in, lost everything this guy sent me a SICK frag back, i just paid shipping, by far the NICEST thing ANYONE in this hobby as done for me EVERY! i will remain a paying member of this site till i die and i will support rev in everything i can. Truly one of the nicest guys god has EVER put on this planet you guys have no idea but u sure will find out :O)

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Thats tight man, its all about hookin up the people who can't be hooked up at the time.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that to the fullest. I had someone on cl contact me for frags bc there tank broke while they where gone. They just bought a new tank and could not really afford much i gave them about 200 dollars worth of frags for free, ive been helped out alot in this hobby and i try to give back as much as i can.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
I do the same also. A few days ago I met up with this random dude from a reef forum to sell him like 10 heads of zoas for 60 bucks. I ended up bringing him 9 different bags with acans, yuma, zoas, sps, piece of chalice he was like whoa.

NanoReefNovice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brick City where we smack cops back like WHOA ![/FONT]

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
haha thanks guys, ill shoot some new pics soon its about time for a real update.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
So Today..... 1337TANKHAX got to see the 55 in person, he approved.

I also did MAJOR work. My large rock on the right side of my tank that held my Roscoes, Joe the Coral, Bird of Paradise etc etc got taken over my gha a few months ago when the wrassacre** happened. I was sick of looking at it and the BS it created but a lot of nice corals were grown into it and a lot of rocks were structured around it.

I said screw it and redid about 85% of my rock work. Hell if people can transfer tanks in a day I can redo the entire scape in an hour. Removed the rock, broke it up and threw it in a bucket so I can nuke it... The new scape is really sick, I miss my ledge/cave but I have more smaller caves now and my SPS placement is much better.

My tank is getting close to final rockwork!

**for those who are new to my tank thread I used to have a bunch of wrasse and other cool fish in here until a hawkfish annihilated them all.

Jason edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted a hawkfish but I never did any research on them....good to know. I think I will steer clear.

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Well, don't get me wrong...

Most hawkfish are good semi-agro fish... longnose are REALLY well behaved... geometric(plectranthias) stay really small and are pretty peaceful... flames can be ******s sometimes but are usually pretty chill...

However, The Hawaiian Red Blood Hawkfish is a terror... mean mean fish.. gets about 5.4".. the one I added was pretty big already and caused some terror, was a pain to get out of the tank as well.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol who is bowser and where is this castle? What is this mario brothers? New scape...interestiiing. :waaaht: :music: :dribble:

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
lol who is bowser and where is this castle? What is this mario brothers? New scape...interestiiing. :waaaht: :music: :dribble:

Dude you gotta come by and check the rockwork out its sickkk...

I nuked that algae rock in a bucket of vin and broke it up to recure down the line. The new rockwork makes my flow nice and smooth now all over the tank... most LPS is moved to the right side....

Bowser you say?

Well, previously the tank was known as "The Mushroom Kingdom" since it was planned to be mushroom/yuma dominated but when I got the T5s and started SPS... well, you know how that goes. Taking your advice Myzi, I figured I would nip my softie problems in the bud and do it right while I still have moveable rocks.

Now that most softies will be gone and the SPS is dominating I went to the dark side and changed the name :p

I'll take some pics today.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back