Bracing for your plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harpo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
401
Location
Royal Oak, Mi
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good afternoon, everyone.

I want to mount my plumbing on my basement wall. I was planning on using these.
1719075801509.png
 
Last edited:
Good afternoon, everyone.

I want to mount my plumbing on my basement wall. I was planning on using these.
1719075801509.png
Looks like a reasonable solution.
 
They are fancy-pants hangers! Note that's for copper pipe. If you're running 1 1/2 PVC, these hangers won't fit. I'd go simple. Either pipe straps (they look like the letter U with screw holes on either end) which you can get in plastic (that fit PVC) and would give you zero clearance (right up against the wall. The other option is J hanger (also made for PVC) and that would give you a little clearance from the wall. The last is the least expensive, and not so pretty....pipe strapping. This looks like a coil of approximately 3/4 wide strapping with holes, holes and more holes....and comes in metal or plastic You wrap it around the pipe and insert one screw to hang the pipe. JMTC.
 
They make a large rage of sizes. The ones from McMaster are most likely these from Arlington.

1719143760089.png
 
Yes, I got mine from McMaster Carr. I like the Unistrut clips but I didn't want any steel that close to my sump. I'm going to make a standoff from a bar of HDPE and some SS carriage bolts. Unless someone knows of some cheap fiberglass unistrut
 
I found these. This is getting expensive. Looks like galvanized steel will be just fine
1719157222786.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new