Brain coral tissue receding

jonsnow

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
kentucky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started about 5-6 days ago it was with 1-2 spots in about a weeks time the coral has lost over 15% of its tissue
Worried if it spreads to others , what treatments can I do I really want to save it was a ocean wild one in a 6 months old tank

IMG_8574.jpeg
 
It started about 5-6 days ago it was with 1-2 spots in about a weeks time the coral has lost over 15% of its tissue
Worried if it spreads to others , what treatments can I do I really want to save it was a ocean wild one in a 6 months old tank

IMG_8574.jpeg
You can give it an iodine dip. What fish are in the tank, and what are the parameters? What is the coral next to it? It looks like it may have been stung.
 
You can give it an iodine dip. What fish are in the tank, and what are the parameters? What is the coral next to it? It looks like it may have been stung.
I have given it an iodine dip once 3-4 days ago
Just 1 clown as of now
There is a leather coral , have recently learned that they can release toxins

Have added carbon in the back sump

Could it be because of less light ?
 
You can give it an iodine dip. What fish are in the tank, and what are the parameters? What is the coral next to it? It looks like it may have been stung.
I have given it an iodine dip once 3-4 days ago
Just 1 clown as of now
There is a leather coral , have recently learned that they can release toxins

Have added carbon in the back sump

Could it be because of less light ?
What lights are you running? Most brain corals don’t need a ton of light, and you wouldn’t see that brown infected area like that if light were the issue. If it’s too much, they’ll typically turn pale and fade away (bleaching), if it’s too little they’ll get darker (browning). I don’t know if I’ve seen any sort of brain coral get too little light under any sort of coral grade light. What are your parameters, and how long has the tank been running? Has this spread more today? It almost looks like brown jelly disease, but that tends to kill coral within hours or a day at most rather than over multiple days
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new