Branch Hammer health

Cycleguy0623

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
203
Reaction score
178
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a branching hammer we added to an 8 month old tank 10 Days ago. Most of the heads look fantastic but two of them will not open up. I tried moving it around thinking they were getting too much flow but after 3 days in the new spot I see no improvement. Just looking for advice to save them. I didn’t get a pic till late tonight so it’s a little blue and the good heads have started to shrink for the day but I will try for a better pic tomorrow.

IMG_5215.jpeg
 
It looks like it's in the shadows there. 125 to 150 par and low flow. Give it time to acclimate rather then moving it around to quick.
 
Upvote 0
It’s mounted on a rock but the rock is mostly in the sand for stability. I’ll get it up in the rock. That’s a good idea.

Thank you to all!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new