Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A super cool surprise! Andrew is going to swim with dolphins and sharks while we visit my parents. Dad, Andrew, and me. 3 generations. I sold a Versace bowl! :)
BTW, this is so awesome. You definitely made the right decision.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pirate's Reef now has bacteria! Added some Dr. Tim's One and Only. Going fishless cycle, so I got a bottle of ammonium chloride to feed me bacteria. Argh... :) I also got a neat little bracket to hold my Amazon Fire tablet to run Fusion on. Nice and sturdy now and easily accessible. Just need to keep from spilling salt water on it. :oops:

A couple pics. Excuse the fish tank construction mess. And don't read the Fusion screen. There are no probes on it yet, except the temp probe. :)

PR-07-18-19-1.jpg

PR-07-18-19-2.jpg
I'll have a fancy set up like that one day with a tablet controller... looks good!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have a fancy set up like that one day with a tablet controller... looks good!
Well, it is just a Fire tablet that costs $50 and the APEX on this system is ancient. One of the old black models. :)

PRStartUp-7-6-19-6.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from dinner, couldn't cook anything at the house because I still don't have power. Lugoff looked like a warzone. Very bad storm came thru. The Lugoff House of Pizza and the Sonic lost their roofs. How long before I start to panic? We're at 3.5 hours no power now...

received_2249951351784219.jpeg
received_854407654941354.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Headed to Dad's to borrow the generator. Mom bought it when Florence was coming and its been in the box since. I can at least get some water circulating so these fish dont suffocate. I'm not worried about temp. Its 78 in the house.
Panic start that generator

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Headed to Dad's to borrow the generator. Mom bought it when Florence was coming and its been in the box since. I can at least get some water circulating so these fish dont suffocate. I'm not worried about temp. Its 78 in the house.
Tornado

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello;

It will take me a month to catch up here lol. Wow sorry about the power @Robin Haselden thats never good. How did your home turn out? Where you able to hook the generator up etc.

I swam with the dolphins once when I was in Cancun.
Such an amazing experience totally love it.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three tanks and a refrigerator and this thing is barely grunting... I'm running return and circulation pumps and skimmers...

20190718_230318.jpg
You need some amenities as well. TV and cable maybe

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden sorry about your power outage! Did you get the generator?
Yep its hooked up and running both of the big tanks and the refrigerator right now. Only thing is it's LOUD and its in the garage. Just got another extension cord top move it to my shop so maybe my girlfriend can get some sleep. She's gotta work tomorrow, luckily I'm off all week.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep its hooked up and running both of the big tanks and the refrigerator right now. Only thing is it's LOUD and its in the garage. Just got another extension cord top move it to my shop so maybe my girlfriend can get some sleep. She's gotta work tomorrow, luckily I'm off all week.
Very nice

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
78°F inside, humid as a rainforest, NO air moving... who's staying up all night? If you guessed me, you win. The nano is the only tank with a temp probe, and its reading 76.5. Its a cheap Amazon battery operated stand alone temp probe so it isn't incredibly accurate, but it is within half a degree from what I've noticed.

All three tanks are now hooked to the generator which is in the shop 80' from the house. There's a noticeable hum, but at least it isn't reverberating thru the house like it was sitting at the edge of the garage. The neighbors behind and in front of me have generators going also and I heard more in the huge neighborhood area I live in... sounds like a post apocalyptic zombie camp or something around here.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of y'all ever seen all of your snails have babies all around the same time? Is there a mating season?
My Ceriths are going crazy lately. Babies and eggs every day. I am wondering if it is because the tank is slightly warmer in this heat.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.9%
Back