Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The speaker in my building’s laundry room is playing nothing but Christmas music. It’s not even Thanksgiving yet people!
Thats nuts. I love the Christmas holiday, but 2 months early? I think the 11th of December should be the earliest we play Christmas music. Playing it earlier dilutes the joy for me.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats nuts. I love the Christmas holiday, but 2 months early? I think the 11th of December should be the earliest we play Christmas music. Playing it earlier dilutes the joy for me.

I agree. It wasn't the third week of October until I saw Christmas decorations at home depot.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 years of disability, then two weeks of training.
Today is my first day of work in over 6 years!!
Wish me luck , got butterflies and anxiety so bad I could puke.
I'm guessing after this first 4.5hr shift I'll be fine, but man I'm nervous right now. LOL

Be back later to tell y'all how it went!!!!
Love you all
You got this.
@Katrina71 definitely deserves a special R2R hospitality or southern hospitality badge!!
@Crabs McJones
Been asking ever so often. I hope they can do it soon
I agree. It wasn't the third week of October until I saw Christmas decorations at home depot.
Hobby lobby has had Christmas decorations out since end of May. Bless their hearts

Reefing question I rescaped my 55 to islands. It dawned on my that I can fit more coral on islands then a wall. I can also make more hiding places.

I have leathers , shrooms and anemone attached to rocks could this be an issue. 75g tank
70lbs of rocks
IMG_20191105_205944315.jpg

Thoughts

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got this.

Been asking ever so often. I hope they can do it soon

Hobby lobby has had Christmas decorations out since end of May. Bless their hearts

Reefing question I rescaped my 55 to islands. It dawned on my that I can fit more coral on islands then a wall. I can also make more hiding places.

I have leathers , shrooms and anemone attached to rocks should this be an issue. 75g tank
70lbs of rocks
IMG_20191105_205944315.jpg

Thoughts

Gorgs and more leathers! ;)

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought the same... until my wife turned it on. Now I’m rocking out to a white Christmas haha

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm cool with Christmas stuff in mid November. I prefer music to start Thanksgiving day.
Im good with it starting this coming Monday.

I tend to get all my shopping for Christmas done by Thanksgiving (except for secret Santa)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resized_20191119_101726.jpg
just rescued this guy from a customer who couldn't take care of it any more.
Nice betta! I may have a pretty special one shipping from Indonesia... or I could be out $60. Who knows. I guess we will find out next week.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. Mid november, usually thanksgiving.
Tree always goes up days after thanksgiving.
I have a tradition for the holidays that the tree is real(old yule tradition the evergreen represents life and winter is death and, blah blah blah), and goes up AFTER turkey. Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. We go pick one put and decorate it together with ornaments we like and ones passed down from loved ones.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice betta! I may have a pretty special one shipping from Indonesia... or I could be out $60. Who knows. I guess we will find out next week.
Thanks
I have a tradition for the holidays that the tree is real(old yule tradition the evergreen represents life and winter is death and, blah blah blah), and goes up AFTER turkey. Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. We go pick one put and decorate it together with ornaments we like and ones passed down from loved ones.
That's awesome. We put up a fake one and we do about the same thing.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, fake tree here, hate picking up needles and dying tree and all the crap that comes with that..sap, dry brown tree etc.
Plus, although I can work, I'm still physically limited in what I can do, cutting and dragging a tree isn't one of them. Shoot 5gal buckets from WC I shouldn't be doing but WC don't happen on their own LOL

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, fake tree here, hate picking up needles and dying tree and all the crap that comes with that..sap, dry brown tree etc.
Plus, although I can work, I'm still physically limited in what I can do, cutting and dragging a tree isn't one of them. Shoot 5gal buckets from WC I shouldn't be doing but WC don't happen on their own LOL
Old AC 150gph return pump from the IM tank. 50' of 1/2" black vinyl hose from Dr F&S closeout, and I dont carry water buckets anymore. Just pump it out the door. :D

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the South, we don't hide our crazy relatives. We put them on the front porch in a rocking chair and hand them a mint julep.

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
I've never had a mint julep. I should add that to my "to do" list.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back