0   0   0

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guarantee it!!
To all of us, it's inevitable. Being aware and having a plan will help.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Today was fantastic, aside from coming the to the conclusion that I have Dino in my display, there is something I need to come clean on.

When I bragged about only killing one coral since starting this hobby, I intentionally omitted some thing. When I re-plugged two of my discos, the flow got to both of them in less than 24 hours.

IN MY DEFENSE, this does not count as a death. They could very well be alive and thriving, just not anywhere that I can see.

It turns out, this is the case. One of them got snagged somewhere and I guess grew like crazy. Today I spotted him and he’s massive. The hermits then basically played soccer with it, making it pop up into the flow again. The sweet thing is, he’s too large to enter my overflow.

So I have this disco that took his name too seriously and serves the role as a disco ball floating around in my tank.

I’ll get a picture after I hook up the uv and get my water clearer.

I had a feeling I’d see those mushrooms again.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Mike knew what he was talking about because he was the one punching the said people in the face!! LOL
Love that quote.

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Today was fantastic, aside from coming the to the conclusion that I have Dino in my display, there is something I need to come clean on.

When I bragged about only killing one coral since starting this hobby, I intentionally omitted some thing. When I re-plugged two of my discos, the flow got to both of them in less than 24 hours.

IN MY DEFENSE, this does not count as a death. They could very well be alive and thriving, just not anywhere that I can see.

It turns out, this is the case. One of them got snagged somewhere and I guess grew like crazy. Today I spotted him and he’s massive. The hermits then basically played soccer with it, making it pop up into the flow again. The sweet thing is, he’s too large to enter my overflow.

So I have this disco that took his name too seriously and serves the role as a disco ball floating around in my tank.

I’ll get a picture after I hook up the uv and get my water clearer.

I had a feeling I’d see those mushrooms again.
Since my local frag swap haul I've lost an unnamed acro to bleaching and parameter swings, threw my duncans because of BJD, my bubblegum digi is dying and lost my pederson shrimp night 1 of having him.
Dude just be real with what can and will eventually happen and you won't be so disappointed when stuff like that happens. We're pretty much trying to keep water aliens in a box in our living rooms.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have committed so many terrible clumsy situations in my tanks.

It always starts with something small, like you need to move a frag one spot over in the rack.

You whip out your utensils, pick it up, it falls on other frags, the leather proceeds to sting said frags, you quickly pick up the leather only to stab an acan with your utensil, the leather then falls on the sand, you go to turkey baste it which kicks up sand and then ****** off your zoa, zoa releases toxin all over the tank making everyone angry.

What started as the simple task of moving a single frag one location over turns into a cloudy tank with every frag closed up and a messy floor.
So true

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my local frag swap haul I've lost an unnamed acro to bleaching and parameter swings, threw my duncans because of BJD, my bubblegum digi is dying and lost my pederson shrimp night 1 of having him.
Dude just be real with what can and will eventually happen and you won't be so disappointed when stuff like that happens. We're pretty much trying to keep water aliens in a box in our living rooms.

Very true, I think I’ve just been really lucky so far. Not sure how everything has survived the gauntlet I’ve put them through.

If there was anything that I’d say I’m doing right, it’s the 10g frag tank. That tank has taught me more about coral care than anything else.

Taking care of 30 frags in a little 10g tank with no sump or skimmer just gives you a feel on what they need. It’s kind of like a six sense I guess. Do y’all feel the same way?

Like it’s easy to spot who doesn’t like low phosphates, who wants to be fed, who wants more flow, who wants less light, and so on and so forth.

I only test after seeing something is wrong with my frags and usually don’t even really need to test.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Send pics of the digi though, they are pretty dang hardy. I’m sure we could figure out what’s going on.

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true, I think I’ve just been really lucky so far. Not sure how everything has survived the gauntlet I’ve put them through.

If there was anything that I’d say I’m doing right, it’s the 10g frag tank. That tank has taught me more about coral care than anything else.

Taking care of 30 frags in a little 10g tank with no sump or skimmer just gives you a feel on what they need. It’s kind of like a six sense I guess. Do y’all feel the same way?

Like it’s easy to spot who doesn’t like low phosphates, who wants to be fed, who wants more flow, who wants less light, and so on and so forth.

I only test after seeing something is wrong with my frags and usually don’t even really need to test.
Yes can definitely get a feel for what needs to happen when corals start getting unhappy.
Send pics of the digi though, they are pretty dang hardy. I’m sure we could figure out what’s going on.
I will tomorrow, lights went out awhile ago.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had dino about wiped everything out. @12gallonsofhex is fighting dino right now.

I’ve fought it before, it’s the pits. I’m not as stressed this time around as I kind of know the drill.

The odd thing is that when I saw it pop up two weeks ago, I performed the paper towel test and ran it under a microscope.

It passed both the paper towel and microscope test so I thought it was just new tank diatoms with nitrogen bubbles.

At this point I know it’s Dino, still odd.

This time is much worse however because of a phosphte issue I’m having with my rocks. I’m going to have to figure it out.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very happy to be on the winning side of it in my frag tank though. I think the frag tank might actually be stabilizing at this point. There’s not even much algae popping up now. Everyone seems super happy.

Dino at full bloom (about a month ago):
F6BCD7D7-9CF2-4A49-8C16-AAF4130A0C25.jpeg
B88E92EF-7137-4C6A-AC4F-6CAD194B933F.jpeg
8EBF8352-A676-47AB-80EA-E8DA98F27290.jpeg
BF5AC697-5985-45D9-8BBB-600B70D844A9.jpeg

This last weekend after coral fest:
7B329926-010A-4925-B2EE-3A6CD701C889.jpeg
FF45894A-78E9-42FA-8AE5-C338DC411832.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anything, were efficient.

The term is.... Lazy. ;) :p ;Hilarious

I feel like my initiation is getting closer to the end.

Only joking, I’m sure my balls will get drop kicked a few more times.

No such thing as the end, gotta roll with the snow flippers!

Yea, I'm so frustrated with where my tank is I just want to tear it all apart and start over...
Ive had dino about wiped everything out. @12gallonsofhex is fighting dino right now.

This almost makes me want to leave my tank dry :eek::eek:

Going to go tackle some wretched dust bunnies, man if you don't stay on top of them they get wildly out of control. Multiplying like rabbits I tell you!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back