That’s a good one!

Duncan’s take great poos.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, I think to help facilitate easier water changes... I'm going to look into building a mixing station in my garage. My tank does well when I keep up with monthly water changes, and does bad when I get lazy and skip a bunch in a row. Buuut... making 5 gallons at a time in totes(and forgetting the RODI is running and flow who knows how many gallons out on the garage floor), pouring it into my 40 gallon Brute and then mixing in salt is a pain. Plus, the Brute takes up a lot of room in the kitchen/breakfast bar area when I'm making up water. I think I'd like around 100 gallons capacity of each fresh and salt, that way I can make a large batch and have it last a few changes. It'll also give me a cushion in case of emergency, I can do a large water change fairly rapidly. Two tanks, a recirculation pump, one heater for the salt tank a manifold and a hose to reach to the tank inside. Mount the RODI filters on the stand and use a solenoid and float switches to turn on and off the water supply to the RODI tank.

Where do people get their tanks from? I know they can be pricey, but I've seen them fairly affordable also.

Bought from dude.

Rebuilt myself (failed 5 times so paid someone)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 112 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 123 47.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.1%
Back