Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched from Red Sea Blue Bucket to Brightwell Neomarine with no change in the tank at all. Probably will be changing salt again here in a few months. Whenever this bucket of Brightwell I just opened runs out.

That, or setting up a filter system to run new mixed salt thru to remove the clay.

Your tolerance of risk is greater than mine sir!

I’ll have to figure out how to make reef crystals work or do water changes scarcely.

Dosing will be a whole new challenge for me, I’ve been nervous about it since starting.

I just had no clue that it would be on the second month of having the display up.

I guess it’s a good sign if anything! Means the corals are happy and growing and also that stupid purple helix works.

Have I ever shared the pics of my first “display” a month after dosing purple helix? That stuff is insane.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tolerance of risk is greater than mine sir!

Blue Bucket mixes at 420 8.0 and 1350
Neomarine mixes at 420 8.0 and 1350

Same same, slightly less clay in Neomarine tho...

Dosing doesnt have to be all that complicated, but I reccomend getting a dosing pump. Skip the Jebao, its junk. Get a wifi one. I have the Coralbox. It makes life so much easier, and it will dose the exact same amount at the exact same time every day. Even if the dogs poop all over the house.

Test, wait a few days and test again. See how much the tank drops. BRS has a handy calculator for their 2 part if you are using it. I have ATI Pro right now... not dosing currently but I was before I let the tank go. I just set it to 1ml, tested to see if it dropped the next day, and then bumped up by another ml until I saw the tank start to go up. When it got to where I wanted it I backed off. Went to testing weekly. If it held, I was good. If it fluctuated I adjusted the dose and then tested the following week. I think I was dosing 4.5ml a day of the ATI Pro part 1 and 2(I dose equally by all consumption, Ca will ironically ballance out if dosed equally) in concentrated form.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20191212_173130491.jpg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He did say however that the benefit to mixing longer was minimal.

I don’t care too much about the cloudiness, only what’s in the water.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Bucket mixes at 420 8.0 and 1350
Neomarine mixes at 420 8.0 and 1350

Same same, slightly less clay in Neomarine tho...

Dosing doesnt have to be all that complicated, but I reccomend getting a dosing pump. Skip the Jebao, its junk. Get a wifi one. I have the Coralbox. It makes life so much easier, and it will dose the exact same amount at the exact same time every day. Even if the dogs poop all over the house.

Test, wait a few days and test again. See how much the tank drops. BRS has a handy calculator for their 2 part if you are using it. I have ATI Pro right now... not dosing currently but I was before I let the tank go. I just set it to 1ml, tested to see if it dropped the next day, and then bumped up by another ml until I saw the tank start to go up. When it got to where I wanted it I backed off. Went to testing weekly. If it held, I was good. If it fluctuated I adjusted the dose and then tested the following week. I think I was dosing 4.5ml a day of the ATI Pro part 1 and 2(I dose equally by all consumption, Ca will ironically ballance out if dosed equally) in concentrated form.

I’m feeling like I’m just going to do it by hand for a while to make sure no disasters occur and get a feel for the impact.

Then I think I’ll just add the two part to my ato.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew there was a reason I waited. I'm pretty sure it was that video.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m feeling like I’m just going to do it by hand for a while to make sure no disasters occur and get a feel for the impact.

Then I think I’ll just add the two part to my ato.
Adding 2 part to ato wont work. They will instantly bind together and form calcium carbonate precipitation that is completely useless to your corals. What you're looking for is kalkwasser(literally pickling lime).

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding 2 part to ato wont work. They will instantly bind together and form calcium carbonate precipitation that is completely useless to your corals. What you're looking for is kalkwasser(literally pickling lime).

Got it confused with kalk.

I’ll get another jug and another ato or most likely stick to by hand. Only takes a minute.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back