Working on my new tank

20191215_111157.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a sand bed and algae. There are two types I know of in the hobby. Fighting conchs and tiger conchs. Fighting conchs dont actually fight, not sure why they are named that. They get big. This was mine...

20191215_093541.jpg

Tiger conchs stay smaller I believe and are better suited for a smaller tank. They have a different foot than snails. They can't really climb, but they sort of hop/scoot on the bottom of the tank and stir/dig thru the sand and will clean the bottom 2-3" of the rocks.

I think you only posted that pic to show off the new wedding ring. That's a very close brush with losing your man card. Don't let it happen again! :D

Have y'all been getting scam texts lately? Seems like for the last month I've been getting texts about...

"Your package had been returned to our facility due to incomplete address. Please click link and fill out all your personal information so we can charge a new yacht to your credit."

No, it's just you. :D

Not txt but the USPS send me a notice. Seems legit since I never got my package. Tracking says it's back at original senders USPS.

If they left a card on your door too, there should be a barcode on it. You can scan the
barcode and request redelivery on a specified day. I have had to do this quite a bit, as of late, because our regular letter carrier has been off and, apparently, the doosh who has taken her place does not come to the door and ring the doorbell. He leaves the "you missed" cards in our mailbox. You may be wondering how I know he never comes to our door. Well, lately, I have been home everyday and if anyone gets within 10 feet of our door our Pittie goes crazy. If they ring the door bell... fuhgetaboutit!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of tanks, does anyone have experience with the fiji cube tanks? Like this one Here. I am kicking around the idea of having a softy dedicated tank next to my 75 for the wife plumbed into the same sump.

You may want to hit up @dantimdad as I believe he has had many dealings with the owner of Fiji Cube.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly wish I didnt want such a weird size... I also put in for a qoute for a 24x18.5x21.375. Thats half the size of my 75, but I'd build a matching stand for my equipment and a canopy to match mine also.

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you only posted that pic to show off the new wedding ring. That's a very close brush with losing your man card. Don't let it happen again! :D

No, it's just you. :D

If they left a card on your door too, there should be a barcode on it. You can scan the
barcode and request redelivery on a specified day. I have had to do this quite a bit, as of late, because our regular letter carrier has been off and, apparently, the doosh who has taken her place does not come to the door and ring the doorbell. He leaves the "you missed" cards in our mailbox. You may be wondering how I know he never comes to our door. Well, lately, I have been home everyday and if anyone gets within 10 feet of our door our Pittie goes crazy. If they ring the door bell... fuhgetaboutit!
No note. Tracking system said undeliverable and sent right back to sender.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are requirements of conchs? They seem like cool things but I’m scared of killing things off.

Mine died because my blue legged hermit kept flipping it over :/

I had to constantly flip the conch back upright. I finally gave up.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of tanks, does anyone have experience with the fiji cube tanks? Like this one Here. I am kicking around the idea of having a softy dedicated tank next to my 75 for the wife plumbed into the same sump.
Fijicube is local to me, well within 60-70 minute drive.
They usually have those set up at our local frag swaps.
Good lookin tank, I almost went with one this past spring.
Wouldn't hesitate to do business with them.
I have fijicube 800gph overflow on my 40b and it's awesome!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back