Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't looked for the gray PVC online, but the stuff I used did not come from the states. Paul with OceansMotions - in Canada - sent me everything I needed when I set up the 140. It was the "Euro look" at the time. The gray you find at HD or Lowe's is going to be electrical conduit. Not sure gray is even available in furniture grade. I have never seen it.

One of the differences in the colored furniture grade PVC is the outer finish. Furniture grade has a polished exterior surface, whereas regular PVC does not.

The schedule 80 gray fittings (in particular the threaded ones) may also have a smaller inside diameter because they are generally thicker, intended to handle more pressure.

Unless you can find a source for the gray furniture grade, you might want to reconsider the color. I wouldn't get too hung up on making the plumbing color match. I did that once and honestly, I like my current color contrasting set up much better. But, that's me. And we all know how senile I am. ;Wacky

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. He just said red, black, and grey is ok with him. He really wanted blue. Y'all know waaaay more than me here. I've only used standard white PVC.
Why did he rule out blue if he wants it? :)

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the blue and white...

Doser3.jpg

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think you could get everything. I'm so clueless.
You can get blue pipe and fittings, but you won't find blue valves and unions. You won't find that in any colors except white and gray, I believe.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need an education. I know 1 thing. We need an easy way to shut off water from the DT, and water from the sump.
Ball valves. You want quick on and off for water shut off, so gate valves aren't the best for this.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better yet - True Union Ball Valves, so you can shut the water off and remove a section of pipe, like between the sump and tank, so you can remove the sump for maintenance if you want or need to.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back