Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Corals.com

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
It looks good katrina! Just don't leave it in the sun or garage where heat fluctuates wildly. That kills silicone.

Further, a friend of mine had a beautiful 300g tank he picked up, but he has had a stroke so he can't move things on his own... Left it outside for a few days until friends could come help on the weekend. Next day they heard a loud crack, they thought it was actually gunshot... Nope. The black back glass of the tank shattered from heat. He had it covered and everything, didn't help.

It was a very expensive tank, I believe it was a reef savvy, or something along that level of expensive. He was quite bummed.

Corals.com

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
It looks good katrina! Just don't leave it in the sun or garage where heat fluctuates wildly. That kills silicone.

Further, a friend of mine had a beautiful 300g tank he picked up, but he has had a stroke so he can't move things on his own... Left it outside for a few days until friends could come help on the weekend. Next day they heard a loud crack, they thought it was actually gunshot... Nope. The black back glass of the tank shattered from heat. He had it covered and everything, didn't help.

It was a very expensive tank, I believe it was a reef savvy, or something along that level of expensive. He was quite bummed.
DUCK!

OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score

Nope. I sat it in the living room so my husband can enjoy it:)

Any special reefing plans for this week?

• Yes

Votes: 119 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 113 44.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 25 9.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Lotus Reef
Aquarium Specialty