Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie
What do you think about the 9012 for this size tank? I am just about sure I have one in the shop somewhere.

The 9012 is great, or at least it has much more potential. The draw rate is significantly higher, at 400l/hr. That is what almost all skimmers capable of a 50 gallon stocked aquarium are rated for.

One thing you can do that improves the 9004 is make it a 9404 -- Like this;

csm_9404.000_9e944d56c6.jpg

Having it at a perfect water depth at all times makes a huge difference in performance. You can probably buy that aftermarket from Tunze directly, one thing I love about Tunze is they have every part ever made on hand.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71
I think the microbubbles from the skimmer would just disipate after the overflow into the refugium. I think most people are concerned about the microbubbles from the drain getting into the skimmer if I read the thread right. Don't know how to limit the microbubbles from the skimmer as I have never had that problem with my Tunzes.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright @Lowell Lemon I think Rakie brought some good points to the table via pm. @Rakie this is for you. Please allow him to decide the skimmer chamber specs with you. (Rakie please keep it as small as you can so my fuge can be as large as possible)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which model on the sea clone? I can make sure it fits in the chamber.
Its a garbage skimmer. Its what I have and it is very OK at best. Tunz is a good brand I'll let Katrina and rakie figure it out.

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie please keep in mind I make minimum wage. No tips. It would have to leave me options for something I could pick up cheap and easily 2nd hand. Even for a spare.

I love that you are so honest. Thank you for that Mom!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie please keep in mind I make minimum wage. No tips. It would have to leave me options for something I could pick up cheap and easily 2nd hand. Even for a spare.
I am keeping that in mind. That's why I'm suggesting anything other than the tunze

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Tunze 9012.

Its a garbage skimmer. Its what I have and it is very OK at best. Tunz is a good brand I'll let Katrina and rakie figure it out.

I love that you are so honest.

I am keeping that in mind. That's why I'm suggesting anything other than the tunze
Tough Crowd ...Skimz-simplicty make a working skimmer for around 200 bucks ..then theirs the empty juice jug and an air stone;) the kid may even win the science fair

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough Crowd ...Skimz-simplicty make a working skimmer for around 200 bucks ..then theirs the empty juice jug and an air stone;) the kid may even win the science fair
I love your since of humor.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back