Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about lifereef skimmers?

Great as far as I know, but I don't know much about them.

There's a lot of options, and frankly, Tunze are among the best due to their pumps alone -- But specifically not the 9004 in THIS case, for a tank of THIS size, with the fish she will definitely want to keep. That's what I'm saying. That's all I'm trying to get across. You can throw a dart at a wall of skimmer options and 99.9% of them will do the job perfectly, you can only lose if you're trying to put a nano skimmer on a tank with roughly 60-70g water volume.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats actually a decent skimmer and value ...so i'm told

Yes I have one it works well. Finicky to tune at first and a semi-long break in period but once the Somatic or Vertex are running smoothly they are among the best.

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great as far as I know, but I don't know much about them.

There's a lot of options, and frankly, Tunze are among the best due to their pumps alone -- But specifically not the 9004 in THIS case, for a tank of THIS size, with the fish she will definitely want to keep. That's what I'm saying. That's all I'm trying to get across. You can throw a dart at a wall of skimmer options and 99.9% of them will do the job perfectly, you can only lose if you're trying to put a nano skimmer on a tank with roughly 60-70g water volume.

I agree

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"He's grumpy tank mom, something about cloudy water and buried corals?" ;)

DSC_0003 (1024x694).jpg

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So don't rust to cut pieces yet Katrina, I would absolutely have mentioned all if this earlier if I saw your thread
Look, he's already been waiting on us to decide. I googled several skimmers that you guys recommended. This size should accommodate several options.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back