Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the brutal truth about a part of my personality. I have daughters and I love them more than I could possibly say. But....I’m not a fan of kids, don’t like to hang out with them other than mine. It’s just who I am I guess. However, stuff like that still puts a tear in my eye, I may not like the little guys but I also hate seeing a kid suffer.
I totally understand. I have a daughter and boys need all stay away.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin if you can easily open the back there should be a serial number. Also was your Grandfather a railroad man? Or his father?
Grandfather, that's how fin got his name -- John Henry III

Last edited:

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate watches !!! last time I wear one when I was at high school before getting my first mobile phone

1330687257-nokia-6110-825.jpg

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man... I was reading this thread about this dude who is like the Lemony Snicket of reef tanks. I feel so bad for him lol. So many full blown tank disasters in the first 6 months. I don’t even know where to begin to help ... lol

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate watches !!!
Me too. I had earrings for a long time, but no other jewelry. I cannot be restricted or restrained in any way. I never wore my wedding ring, but that was mostly due to bad arthritis all my life.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. I had earrings for a long time, but no other jewelry. I cannot be restricted or restrained in any way. I never wore my wedding ring, but that was mostly due to bad arthritis all my life.
I am almost the same, even my wedding ring I wore it occasionally when my wife find out I am not wearing it. I always have an excuse, oh honey I was working on the tank or I was making some frags i'll put it on after I finish :rolleyes:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man... I was reading this thread about this dude who is like the Lemony Snicket of reef tanks. I feel so bad for him lol. So many full blown tank disasters in the first 6 months. I don’t even know where to begin to help ... lol
Can you link the thread. At my Lfs I head the same thing. Crashed the tank three times at least. Most was because they wouldn't listen. Wanted all the fish at one time. Too many episodes of tAnk watching. The last go around the GM said nope you get one fish. He than stated after a week you can come back for one more fish. The looks on thier faces was priceless

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you link the thread. At my Lfs I head the same thing. Crashed the tank three times at least. Most was because they wouldn't listen. Wanted all the fish at one time. Too many episodes of tAnk watching. The last go around the GM said nope you get one fish. He than stated after a week you can come back for one more fish. The looks on thier faces was priceless
Tough love and a good LFS.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin if you can easily open the back there should be a serial number. Also was your Grandfather a railroad man? Or his father?
No, not a railroad worker. He was a carpenter by trade. He was cabinet maker and had a talent for building spiral staircases. Unfortunately, he did not pass on any of his skill to me.

I guess I was just never that interested in the watch’s monetary value. It belonged to my grandfather and he always had it (or one like it) in his pocket. That makes it invaluable to me as it is.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wear watches. No matter what kind it is from a walmart special to a tag heuer they die in exactly 3 days. No one knows why. The last time I tried was a Tag and told the guy that I would buy it if I could have my money back if it died. He agreed. Man was he mad three days later. ;)

So sad about Andrew's friend. Prayers that's not what it turns out to be.

@Hemmdog People with this many issues is one of the reasons I want a mentor program and to open a store and have classes.

OK, I think I am caught up. :)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I missed one. Rings. I almost lost my finger because of my first wedding ring. I will wear my actual ring only when not working this time. I will get silicone rings when we get home from the honeymoon and wear those the rest of the time. It literally took years for that finger to function correctly again and I think, at my age, it would never recover if it happened again.

That being said, I believe in wearing one. It's a symbol and a needed on in my opinion. :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, not a railroad worker. He was a carpenter by trade. He was cabinet maker and had a talent for building spiral staircases. Unfortunately, he did not pass on any of his skill to me.

I guess I was just never that interested in the watch’s monetary value. It belonged to my grandfather and he always had it (or one like it) in his pocket. That makes it invaluable to me as it is.
Ah. A carpenter. The design is why I was looking. The lack of ornate engraving was the part that had me curious. I assumed he did physical labor of some sort. I never care about monetary value either. I just like putting a time stamp on things if I can. Just part of the fun for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back