Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog
Salt at 1.025
I used the water that's been cooking in my brute for 2 months or more now. Also used a 5lb rock, ceramic media rocks and bio balls that I threw in the Brute 10 days ago to get some bacteria. Oh and two small rocks that were in the Brute the whole time.
0 Nitrite 0 Ammonia 10 Nitrate as of two weeks ago.
Will test the actual tank water itself tonight.
I used Carib Sea Aragonite max select sand just over 1" deep. Do I need deeper sandbed? I have more.
Nice nice! I usually do a 2 inch sandbed just so bare spots don’t form after powerheads have been running and fish messing around. Less is fine to, doesent really matter. Your only getting real benefits out of sand with a deep sand bed, so it’s mainky just for looks. It does do some minor filtration, but not enough to worry about using extra sand.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Hemmdog
Salt at 1.025
I used the water that's been cooking in my brute for 2 months or more now. Also used a 5lb rock, ceramic media rocks and bio balls that I threw in the Brute 10 days ago to get some bacteria. Oh and two small rocks that were in the Brute the whole time.
0 Nitrite 0 Ammonia 10 Nitrate as of two weeks ago.
Will test the actual tank water itself tonight.
I used Carib Sea Aragonite max select sand just over 1" deep. Do I need deeper sandbed? I have more.
Mine is shallow as well. Easier to keep clean. Ok, clean-er.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog
Salt at 1.025
My rock has been cooking in a Brute since May 2015. For real. :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sherry said you should road trip!

Dooood, you have no idea how much I would love to do that! Well, actually, you do know my weekend plans. I don't think Katherine and Kyla, especially Kyla, would be very happy if I bailed on my duties surrounding Kyla's prom tomorrow. She's already had me promise her, twice, that I will be nice to her date. Fortunately, I know her date, as they dance at the same studio, and he's a nice kid. About as harmful as a fly. I think, if it came down to it, Kyla could kick his tail anyway!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rock has been cooking in a Brute since May 2015. For real. :)

You do know that silicone will decompose in 75-80 years and glass is a very viscous liquid. At this rate you will have to refire the glass into flat panes and reseal the whole thing!

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back