ZomboMeme 18052019001156.jpg
It's about time!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of this and I am planning a store, finishing a remodel and doing kai zan around the house too.

@dantimdad - I was going to conjure up some ideas but figured I would leave it alone. So, what exactly is a "kai zan"?

@najer - Gorgeous gorg!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@crusso1993 Kai Zan literally means "Take Apart" and "Make New"

It's a japanese work ethic where you tear stuff up and get rid of the junk in your life then organize and clean what's left.
Hell fire we call that Spring cleaning in the South.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's a japanese work ethic where you tear stuff up and get rid of the junk in your life then organize and clean what's left.
I get on a kick once every couple of years and get rid of anything I have not used in a year or more (except tools and hardware). It feels good to lighten the burden of the crap we hoard.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Interesting... I had Googled it but it only pulled up the Japanese word "kaizen", which means improvement or continuous improvement, mostly as applied in business. Another interesting thing is under "kai zan" Google pulled a Michelin rated sushi restaurant not so far away. So, I was happy about that! ;)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I have not been on most of the week. I handle car insurance claims for a living (for only another 6-7 months - I hope) and we had a bad hail storm just west of us and I have been working major overtime (on salary though). Today, I had two yards to mow. I will be taking a nap now.
sleep1.gif
Anybody got any CliffsNotes for the last 10 pages or so? :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry I have not been on most of the week. I handle car insurance claims for a living (for only another 6-7 months - I hope) and we had a bad hail storm just west of us and I have been working major overtime (on salary though). Today, I had two yards to mow. I will be taking a nap now.
sleep1.gif
Nothing major.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sleep1.gif
Oh, man, we dont get many big hail storms out here. I have fixed a few hail damaged cars and they pay great! Are you an adjuster?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back