OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I realize that you have very good intentions and admire you for it. It really depends on the repairs you want to do. There are proper procedures that are supposed to be followed when repairing/restoring headstones. Especially so if they are historic/old. Almost all headstones are just that, stone. Unless the headstones are concrete, and not many are, I would advise against using cement/concrete as this will only provide a very temporary fix.
Yes. I'm torn. Most of these have been in pieces for years. They are important to me. They are so old...I hate seeing them end up in a pile. Most don't have descendants left.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had y'all for the heavy pieces. I may have a tough time with some if them.
If you are going to do this I'm sure youll need permission from the cemetery.
What every you do don't disturb the dead ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Walkingdead

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are going to do this I'm sure youll need permission from the cemetery.
What every you do don't disturb the dead ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Walkingdead
I have permission. The church has no money and they were thrilled to have someone want to do something. I plan to add dogwood trees and bulbs too.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have permission. The church has no money and they were thrilled to have someone want to do something. I plan to add dogwood trees and bulbs too.
maybe they can provide the muscles or @tdlawdo can lend you his

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe they can provide the muscles or @tdlawdo can lend you his

Gladly my day today had been just that. After the lady at Lowe’s thanked me for my service I saw a little bit of nuthin worker trying to load boxed lawnmower into the car of an elderly man...so I want over and did that then got home and did this...

10688eef891685a62a0c64409efd3b5f.jpg

We have a covered bridged which is a irk 50 yrs old and has been in a book about bridges of the south...
Recently the propane delivery man with a flat bed ford F550 and a 700 gallon full tank of propane thought it would be better not to crush some grass and instead drive across the bridge ...4 hours later the wrecker was able to pull him from the crick (creek, stream run off ditch). So I am disassembling and rebuilding from scratch. Waiting on my 3 20 foot 8x8 beams to be delivered. No gym today that Should be enough lifting for this day!!!

But yes Katrina, gladly lift a stone or three. No fear of waking the dead here either... I’ve been to that edge before and seen them fall off just as many times as being pulled back.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back