Rating - 0%
0   0   0

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gladly my day today had been just that. After the lady at Lowe’s thanked me for my service I saw a little bit of nuthin worker trying to load boxed lawnmower into the car of an elderly man...so I want over and did that then got home and did this...

10688eef891685a62a0c64409efd3b5f.jpg

We have a covered bridged which is a irk 50 yrs old and has been in a book about bridges of the south...
Recently the propane delivery man with a flat bed ford F550 and a 700 gallon full tank of propane thought it would be better not to crush some grass and instead drive across the bridge ...4 hours later the wrecker was able to pull him from the crick (creek, stream run off ditch). So I am disassembling and rebuilding from scratch. Waiting on my 3 20 foot 8x8 beams to be delivered. No gym today that Should be enough lifting for this day!!!

But yes Katrina, gladly lift a stone or three. No fear of waking the dead here either... I’ve been to that edge before and seen them fall off just as many times as being pulled back.
With all the extra certs needed to drive dangerous loads like Propane i would think the driver would have more sense than to drive across a small wooden bridge without jumping down and seeing what kind of lumber was supporting it. Usually the guys driving those loads have a lot of common sense. Did the Propane company accept responsibility for the damage?

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the extra certs needed to drive dangerous loads like Propane i would think the driver would have more sense than to drive across a small wooden bridge without jumping down and seeing what kind of lumber was supporting it. Usually the guys driving those loads have a lot of common sense. Did the Propane company accept responsibility for the damage?

First of this is KY. I didn’t home school all 6 or my kids for no reason. We are usually 52 out of 50 in the country for education..haha

Not at all. But I was getting about 500 g filled and it is about 2 bucks gallon so they never sent the bill. It’s about 450 dollars in damaged wood they actually broke and since they ate the bill (never said anything just didn’t send the bill) I am taking the opportunity to upgrade a bit. Pour some new footers add some supports. Funny thing is the driver was going to leave after the wrecker got him our bc it was late and I said “no way I need the propane my generator is getting installed tomorrow for my aquarium”. He then says “I feel bad having to leave a bill after putting you through all of this” and I told him don’t bother leaving it Bc I’m not the one paying it. He didn’t leave the bill and never heard back.

I like home improvement projects so this gives me something to do with my hands and I get to “own” the bridge now as my own blood sweat and well just those two im not crying over a bridge. Haha

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No long jacket tonight. A feminine black dress and girly shoes.
Nice! You deserve a beautiful evening. BTW, it was 70 here with a cool breeze today. Just beautiful.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back