Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

IMG_20170601_005920645.jpg
 
I didn't finish planting and all that, but my son's goldfish are happy. Before anyone asks there are 5 of them. No, not in 200 gallons. Yes, I change water often. I have made arrangements for them to retire in a pond larger than my house.
 
They are high end fancy feeder fish. Comets that he had to rescue. He has a soft little heart.
 
I'm wide awake now. I couldn't find Derby. I was looking everywhere. He finally poked his head out of the power head. He is out swimming around and acting normal. Maybe the clown was snoring? They always sleep together. I'm going to figure out a way to fix that.
 
Oh ok. More than I expected. Water changes are not a problem. Live sand? I assume I can get it at the local saltwater aquarium store? I went there to ask questions and they were too busy to help. I think I can handle live sand and macro algae and frequent water changes. Do I need a protein skimmer?
No, need for protein Skimmer with that small a tank. Just watch your feeding, people feed way too much in the beginning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new