Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

The only real problem with storing salt is possible organics from the bucket. Although some salt like red sea coral pro and reef crystals seems to precipitate some minerals. So a month in a clean bucket is not a problem with most salt. That said, I used to use natural filtered ocean water right from the ocean. it is filled with bacteria and bugs and such. I never had any problem with storing it for a month. you don't need to heat or circulate it.

On mixing your own, after using ocean water so long I had nerves too. The instruction on Instant ocean say five cups I believe, but I got mixed results and had to constantly adjust it.
What I did was to figure it out by weight. In a Homer bucket filled to the first rim (not the top) use 800 grams of salt. Mix till diluted. comes out perfect everytime.
 
The mailman came early. He is a young guy and super nice. He said it's live so I came here first. He also said he wants to see when they are ready for guests. Lol.
 
My regular UPS guy comes in to see the tank every time he drops a package. After the first few "Live Animal" boxes came he finally said what the heck are doing, can I see?!? Anyway, I'm his first stop now when he sees something for me. Do your delivery guys a solid around X-mass and you'll never see another DOA again :)
 
So, I watched a FedEx truck drive by my house 7 friggin times while I was waiting for my Radion. Well near broke my blinds watching them.
 
I did him a solid. I introduced him to my neighbor. Hello, this is Miranda. She's single. Here's her#.
 
No, but sometimes we do pillow fight. Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new