Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got the strap in my house. Must've been a size 55 leather belt. We didn't get it often, once or twice was enough that the mere threat would stop us in our tracks.

Catholic school had eased some by the time I was there but I was born left handed and had my knuckles cracked until I could write with my right and do to this day.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for being supportive of my parenting efforts. I'm old school. It's either gonna hurt, or make you exhausted, or both.
Dad would find yard work for me to do once I got older. Cut the grass, the day after I cut the grass, with a push mower, make sure you pick up every stick in the yard before you cut grass too.
We got the strap in my house. Must've been a size 55 leather belt. We didn't get it often, once or twice was enough that the mere threat would stop us in our tracks.

Catholic school had eased some by the time I was there but I was born left handed and had my knuckles cracked until I could write with my right and do to this day.
My uncle is left handed, he was born in '44 and when he went to school his teacher cracked his knuckles and tried to "break him of it."

My grandmother, being the Pennsylvania firecracker she was, went up to the school and had a little come to jesus meeting with that teacher.

When my dad, who was born in '60 and also left handed, started school he had that same teacher. She never once tried to make him write right handed.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nun that got me was quite old while I was there, it must've been 1982-84 when I had her. She had gotten two of my sisters and mom prior to me. She retired very soon after and was about the last of the nuns from that era when it was considered normal.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to remove my Melanurus. He has the pintail hiding in the corner, circling and staring down the Midas.
Before I do is there anything I can try?
Mirror or melanurus eating nudi?
Fish trap and a new home... melanarus are known for being territorial, esp once they transition to Male. Introducing to a new home will curb aggression until they climb pecking order...

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good new everybody, I'm finally feeling back to myself! Still have some minor congestion, but I no longer feel like refugium mud. I'm just extremely thirsty and craving like 2 gallons of sweet tea with lemon. I have none at work, well... I had some but my large tea from Bojangles was empty shortly after I got here.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good new everybody, I'm finally feeling back to myself! Still have some minor congestion, but I no longer feel like refugium mud. I'm just extremely thirsty and craving like 2 gallons of sweet tea with lemon. I have none at work, well... I had some but my large tea from Bojangles was empty shortly after I got here.

Glad you’re feeling better!
Felling like refugium mud lol.
I’m not a coffee drinker but don’t even look at my iced tea.

I will try and get a fish trap tomorrow. Hopefully I won’t have to order it on line. It will be tricky getting him in the trap. He doesn’t go for food much. He lives on live food from rocks and the sand bed. Maybe I can bait him with live brine.
We will see

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my daughter can write with both hands. She will start with her left and half way through the page will switch to her right. Frustrated her teachers because she woudnt pick a hand.
My husband was born left handed and taught to write with his right hand too. He was born in 69.

Back