OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As an older mom, I look around sometimes at school functions and wonder if I'm really the messed up one. The conversations are always shallow and it's more of a competition for the cutest outfit or smallest butt. I never win the later btw, but I want more engagement. I guess I'm just not all fluff.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an older mom, I look around sometimes at school functions and wonder if I'm really the messed up one. The conversations are always shallow and it's more of a competition for the cutest outfit or smallest butt. I never win the later btw, but I want more engagement. I guess I'm just not all fluff.

I'm with you on that. I'm actually an introvert. It takes a lot of energy out of me to make small talk. People think I'm really mean in real life when they first meet me cause I have no interest in talking. I can do the dog and pony show if I have to, but I find there's fewer situations that I actually need to.

IMG_7151.JPG

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y'all know what it's like to pretend to be dumb so you fit in? I have wondered if it is the same in circles of men. I never have to act that way around guys.
24/7

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y'all know what it's like to pretend to be dumb so you fit in? I have wondered if it is the same in circles of men. I never have to act that way around guys.
Depends. In my friend group, we almost always act dumb. It’s just not fun to be serious all the time imo

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you on that. I'm actually an introvert. It takes a lot of energy out of me to make small talk. People think I'm really mean in real life when they first meet me cause I have no interest in talking. I can do the dog and pony show if I have to, but I find there's fewer situations that I actually need to.

IMG_7151.JPG

This thread must exhaust you :p

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends. In my friend group, we almost always act dumb. It’s just not fun to be serious all the time.

I act silly.... but that does not mean I'm dumb.... Silly is fun.... Not sure what dumb is.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The "smart" guys just need one or two more beers to level the playing field with the rest of them, doesn't take much;)

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens among men too, many men are jerks, you learned to avoid them. I consider myself “not normal”, actually normal is boring.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread must exhaust you :p

It's funny... I don't mind typing. It's the actual talking and having to listen to people talk about things I don't care about i.e. @Katrina71 's friends' small butts and cute clothes. If we were togther I'd be looking at her with big eyes like.... HALP!

lol That kinda makes me sound terrible I think.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back