Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see you now combing through live aquaria.... ;Nailbiting ;Nailbiting ;Nailbiting ;Nailbiting ;Walkingdead ;Walkingdead ;Walkingdead ;Walkingdead
They did have a PAIR of yasha gobies on the Diver's Den last night... But I'm gonna hold off for a little while, probably after the first of the year. I want hi fins anyway.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, all caught up now. Thread got busy last night... We downloaded Disney+ because I got a year free with my Verizon plan. I'll probably end up keeping it and maybe ditching Netflix after the free year. Hulu Live, Disney+, Netflix... starts to add up to being more expensive than cable if you're not careful. Anyway, we watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame and the fiancée called it a "Disney classic." I rolled my eyes. The Classics are Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Bambi, Pinocchio, Fantasia...
I've been with verizon for 15 years...how do I get disney plus for a year??

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did have a PAIR of yasha gobies on the Diver's Den last night... But I'm gonna hold off for a little while, probably after the first of the year. I want hi fins anyway.
The yasha combos with the shrimps? I almost got one too, posted them here for y'all too

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been with verizon for 15 years...how do I get disney plus for a year??
If you have an unlimited plan, log into your account on Verizon.com and go to addons. Disney+ will be one of them. No contract after the year best I can tell also, cancel at any time. If you already have a Disney+ sub, it will be paused and resume after free year.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yasha combos with the shrimps? I almost got one too, posted them here for y'all too
Yep, they've been posting up a bunch of female and candycane pistol shrimp all week. Last night I saw one male and female and shrimp combo. Might have missed more. 6:00PM EST is right when I'm usually getting off dayshift. So it's 6:15 or so before I'm in the truck and I check really quick before heading home.

But like I said, I'm holding out for a hi fin pair, with or without shrimp. I already have one, but I've read that shrimp can coexist with each other so I'm ok either way.

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they've been posting up a bunch of female and candycane pistol shrimp all week. Last night I saw one male and female and shrimp combo. Might have missed more. 6:00PM EST is right when I'm usually getting off dayshift. So it's 6:15 or so before I'm in the truck and I check really quick before heading home.

But like I said, I'm holding out for a hi fin pair, with or without shrimp. I already have one, but I've read that shrimp can coexist with each other so I'm ok either way.
That's usually when they update the website for the day with new arrivals, you may just be missing the day's new ones OR are getting to see them right away...

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this thread moves along WAY too fast for me to keep up or be seriously involved. I don't do this on my phone and I only check in by computer 3 to 5 times a day and that leaves me pages behind! I'm here because Katrina called out my name and I consider her a good friend here at R2R. In fact, she is the only person I have ever sold one of my baby RFA's to.

I started with 5 adults and now have somewhere around 45 to 50 due to 3 different rounds of kids! But the babies hide so well under mom, dad and in among zoas that it's hard to get a repeatable census!

That said, much of what I read about RFA's is guess work and supposition mostly based on known facts about other anemones and closely related corals. I've talked to 3 different marine biologists (2 who have anemone and RFA interests) and to be honest, there is VERY little hard facts about RFA's. They just have not been very well researched as of this time.

It may be possible that RFA's can actually change sexes, but that's not a sure thing. And there is no way to determine male or female other than DNA testing. Timing of spawns have been all over the map. And they may be quite different in an aquarium vs in the wild.

The one thing for sure is that they do 'reach up' and stretch out before they spawn or give birth. And it seems that both spawn and birth happen in the early evening, but again, not a hard fast rule.

And congratulations to @Kimberely for having tank parameters good enough to get RFA's to spawn. Even I'd love to here how long it is before you see babies... especially if you get to see it as it happens! Just call me out when you know.
Thanks! And thanks for the information on them. I'll be watching for babies and I'll let you know.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is the place to ask, I forgot what flavour my little guy is but I would like to get it a smaller friend.
Is there a flavour it should mix better with please?

DSC09745 (1024x769).jpg DSC09754 (1024x732).jpg DSC09757 (1024x768).jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool, I was always going to add a smaller one, I will see what the lfs can get hold of.
All of the females that were given an opportunity to choose a mate at the hatchery, took very very small males. Maybe their way of insuring she will remain the dominant?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer Amy at Sustainable advised get something that looks very similar and drastically smaller. She said sometimes the more different, the more aggression. @dantimdad can probably answer you better. I was speaking out of school.
These guys are crazy different sizes... 0 agression between the two. The girl at the LFS said they had been together there for months and she never saw any aggression either.

They are little man and big mama.

20190824_163908.jpg
20190824_163906.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back