Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s going on with your tank?
Lazy reefer syndrome coupled with something I found out may have tipped the boulder off the cliff.

I have a GHA infestation I just need to clean up, but I couldn't get the nutrients stable and I have a hint at what it may have been, but not saying until i have more concrete evidence.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lazy reefer syndrome coupled with something I found out may have tipped the boulder off the cliff.

I have a GHA infestation I just need to clean up, but I couldn't get the nutrients stable and I have a hint at what it may have been, but not saying until i have more concrete evidence.

Have you considered fluk?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have any turbo snails? They worked wonders on my GHA...

I also used Hydrogen peroxide as well to great effect.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any turbo snails? The worked wonders on my GHA...
Gotta catch the melanarus first. Very few snails or hermits left, which is probably part of the set of dominoes that fell over. Bubble algae is also out of control, which tells me the emerald crabs are dead also. I'll make a CUC order after the holidays are over.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta catch the melanarus first. Very few snails or hermits left, which is probably part of the set of dominoes that fell over. Bubble algae is also out of control, which tells me the emerald crabs are dead also. I'll make a CUC order after the holidays are over.

While doing a water change on any exposed rock just drip some hydrogen peroxide all over the really nasty spots and watch it melt away. The important thing is to rinse and do a larger WC after you've watched it all dissolve awayyy oh and BTW it will dissolve that bubble algae along with it...

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While doing a water change on any exposed rock just drip some hydrogen peroxide all over the really nasty spots and watch it melt away. The important thing is to rinse and do a larger WC after you've watched it all dissolve awayyy oh and BTW it will dissolve that bubble algae along with it...
After the wedding and holidays I'll have time and money to throw at it... I'll do a big water change and manually remove all I can and try and starve the rest out and hope a cuc takes care of the stragglers.

I kinda want to set up a new tank tho.

int.jpg

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the wedding and holidays I'll have time and money to throw at it... I'll do a big water change and manually remove all I can and try and starve the rest out and hope a cuc takes care of the stragglers.

int.jpg

You know you want a custom one..... ;)

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

int.jpg

+1 on the hydrogen peroxide. That stuff works wonders.

I have wondered if it kills any beneficial bacteria in the water column though.

If it doesn’t, I’m debating whether to do small doses of it daily.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would be willing to bet that it does, it sure does a number on anything living I've poured it on. I'll add that theres almost nothing more satisfying than hearing the sizzle of it destroying everything in its path..

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What's going on with the rocks.
@Robin Haselden I need to add a cuc to the 55 but my Mel and Toby puffer are hard on cuc. I wonder if a sea hare may be a good choice for you

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'm so frustrated with where my tank is I just want to tear it all apart and start over...
I understand your pain. I am on that fence now. I just want to drain the tank, bleach it all, and start over. The only thing that stops me is knowing that it can be some other fight later.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on with the rocks.
@Robin Haselden I need to add a cuc to the 55 but my Mel and Toby puffer are hard on cuc. I wonder if a sea hare may be a good choice for you
The melanarus wrasse has killed at least 4 other fairy, flasher or leopard wrasse(Cleopatra :() as well as gets into fights with my female clown... hes gotta go. He needs a larger tank with bigger tank mates who can take some abuse.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The melanarus wrasse has killed at least 4 other fairy, flasher or leopard wrasse(Cleopatra :() as well as gets into fights with my female clown... hes gotta go. He needs a larger tank with bigger tank mates who can take some abuse.
any way to bottle trap him?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your pain. I am on that fence now. I just want to drain the tank, bleach it all, and start over. The only thing that stops me is knowing that it can be some other fight later.
After the wedding I think I'm gonna do that, minus the bleach. Drain the tank, catch the fish stick everyone in the Brute with a heater and clean up all the rocks and sand, and then slowly make new water I guess... may be a couple day thing. Good thing I get a week off every month.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back