Brand new gyre pump stalling

Andrew Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies Brother Max! I confess that I didn't afford your post the proper amount of attention and completely missed the fact that the gyre was DOA from the merchant. Again, I apologize for jumping in and responding without gaining a complete understanding of your specific circumstances. In lieu of enlightenment, I offer my condolences for having to deal my ill informed reply.

When you state that you sent it back, are you still intending to proceed with gyre ownership, or did you tell them to pi$$ off and go with another brand of pump?

OP
OP
Max Rackstraw

Max Rackstraw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies Brother Max! I confess that I didn't afford your post the proper amount of attention and completely missed the fact that the gyre was DOA from the merchant. Again, I apologize for jumping in and responding without gaining a complete understanding of your specific circumstances. In lieu of enlightenment, I offer my condolences for having to deal my ill informed reply.

When you state that you sent it back, are you still intending to proceed with gyre ownership, or did you tell them to pi$$ off and go with another brand of pump?
Yeah thats alright mate... Im sure you probably have heard these things fail so often that its probably a safe bet to assume they all fail after time rather than be DOA.

Hence why i am just going with another brand of pump. Something reliable like a nero 5... Ive had good experiences with those in the past. It certainly sounds like these gyre pumps are more trouble than good.

Andrew Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart move! It's a shame because the nature and form of the flow that the gyre produces is quite unique and hard to duplicate. After having the XF-130 control unit replaced under warranty and then finding out that it would cost appx $200 to repair the ruptured magnets in a the pair of XF-130s, I was livid. Sold all the parts of them on eBay and will roll with Tunze and only Tunze going forward. Cheers and Godspeed!

Back