Brand new reefer

welcome38.jpg
 
I’m brand new to the reefing community and I have a nuvo 40 gallon and just was wondering what would be the best protein skimmer and what type of chemicals should I add when first starting up? Any advice helps
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 
I’m brand new to the reefing community and I have a nuvo 40 gallon and just was wondering what would be the best protein skimmer and what type of chemicals should I add when first starting up? Any advice helps

Welcome! Glad you joined. Agree with earlier posts like #2 & #3 in this thread.

'start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player
 
Have you added a skimmer to your nuvo 40? I have the same tank, 40 gallon, and looking for recommendations on skimmers. Preferably not a hang on skimmer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new