Brand new to reefing

C20MSY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Currently keeping tropicals and can’t wait to get into marine. I think the reefs look utterly amazing. I’ve been doing plenty of research but the question is where do I start? I’m really like the look of the Fluval Evo Sea and like the idea of it being a plug and play to get me started. Is this the best place to start of due to the size of the tank will it be more difficult to the small water volume? I also like the look of the Red Sea tanks and am thinking of the 200. Do I skip the inevitable first step and go straight for this? Will it be easier to get right due to the larger body of water?

ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Currently keeping tropicals and can’t wait to get into marine. I think the reefs look utterly amazing. I’ve been doing plenty of research but the question is where do I start? I’m really like the look of the Fluval Evo Sea and like the idea of it being a plug and play to get me started. Is this the best place to start of due to the size of the tank will it be more difficult to the small water volume? I also like the look of the Red Sea tanks and am thinking of the 200. Do I skip the inevitable first step and go straight for this? Will it be easier to get right due to the larger body of water?

ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome c20,
Go for the larger tank if you have space.
Let us know if we can nelp

Ryandip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have just set up a dd pro reef 1200 and im having trouble with hearing water coming down the over flow pipe its not really loud but annoying any help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Start with as big as you can afford. (AIO)-all in ones do offer convenience for maintenance and servicing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome15.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back