Brand new to the hobby is this a good list for my 125-litre tank?

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm brand new to this site and the hobby.
I bought my first 125-litre aquarium a month ago, and have tried to plan out what livestock I want in the tank.
So I have made a list of was wondering what you think so far if there's something you would suggest or criticize. :)
The List:
Blue Sapphire Damsel 1
Ocellaris Clownfish 2
Longnose Hawkfish 1
Yellow watchman gobi 1
Pistol shrimp 1
Royal Gramma 1
Skunk cleaner shrimp 1
Peppermint Shrimp 1
Blue leg hermit crab x amount
Nassarius snail x amount
Turbo snail x amount
Cerithium snail x amount

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Upvote 0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r,hope all is well .
Fish you wanting are all relatively small but in my personal opinion 6 fish In a 115 litre ( 27 gallons ) is pushing it,but all will depend if your filtration can keep up with it.
Import - export etc

And what kinds of filtration you got and your water change schedule .

But also when fish are more cramped it can often lead to more aggression.

Also you have less room for error if something goes wrong like say a power cut ,more fish = 02 gets used up quicker .

Quite alot of potential negative reasons I guess.

The cuc in my tank I just kept adding them 6 at a time usually when they couldn't keep up with keeping rocks and sand Tidy then added more as more fish I added the more excess nutrients produced = more algae but in a 27 gallon could easy get 6 of each of cuc members you stated as good starting point and add more if needed later down line.amd one of each shrimp.
Never had one but some do say peppermint have been known to eat certain corals .
Good luck with new tank ^_^

Upvote 0
OP
OP
KingAh123

KingAh123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r,hope all is well .
Fish you wanting are all relatively small but in my personal opinion 6 fish In a 115 litre ( 27 gallons ) is pushing it,but all will depend if your filtration can keep up with it.
Import - export etc

And what kinds of filtration you got and your water change schedule .

But also when fish are more cramped it can often lead to more aggression.

Also you have less room for error if something goes wrong like say a power cut ,more fish = 02 gets used up quicker .

Quite alot of potential negative reasons I guess.

The cuc in my tank I just kept adding them 6 at a time usually when they couldn't keep up with keeping rocks and sand Tidy then added more as more fish I added the more excess nutrients produced = more algae but in a 27 gallon could easy get 6 of each of cuc members you stated as good starting point and add more if needed later down line.amd one of each shrimp.
Never had one but some do say peppermint have been known to eat certain corals .
Good luck with new tank ^_^
Currently have Sponge bioflow filter, looking to replace the sponges over time with some rocks or something, I have heard those are good for filtration.
I will add livestock slowly over time, to let my tank adjust to the amount of livestock.
Water change will be every week once my tank is cycled, it is currently in the "nitrate" state and has 2-5 mg currently.
Still have to buy a backup generator, but not in a rush since the power in my house never really goes out by itself.
But would love some suggestions, to which power generator I should need. :)

Upvote 0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have Sponge bioflow filter, looking to replace the sponges over time with some rocks or something, I have heard those are good for filtration.
I will add livestock slowly over time, to let my tank adjust to the amount of livestock.
Water change will be every week once my tank is cycled, it is currently in the "nitrate" state and has 2-5 mg currently.
Still have to buy a backup generator, but not in a rush since the power in my house never really goes out by itself.
But would love some suggestions, to which power generator I should need. :)
As you can see by this thread,most just saying welcome as you in the " meet and greet forum" so imo probably best start a thread in general equipment or reef discussion.
Me personally I'm unsure what difference it makes as I just look latest posts and just see latest posts lol but anyhow you know.
I cant even remember last time I had a power cut.maybe when I was a child and I'm 43 now so I'm in no hurry to get a back up generator plus live in a second floor flat so be kinda hard anyway and I'm sure would get robbed if left in garden pffft

Upvote 0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm brand new to this site and the hobby.
I bought my first 125-litre aquarium a month ago, and have tried to plan out what livestock I want in the tank.
So I have made a list of was wondering what you think so far if there's something you would suggest or criticize. :)
The List:
Blue Sapphire Damsel 1
Ocellaris Clownfish 2
Longnose Hawkfish 1
Yellow watchman gobi 1
Pistol shrimp 1
Royal Gramma 1
Skunk cleaner shrimp 1
Peppermint Shrimp 1
Blue leg hermit crab x amount
Nassarius snail x amount
Turbo snail x amount
Cerithium snail x amount
Welcome to R2R

Upvote 0

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Looks like you have planned well. Take things slowly when adding fish, not too many at a time. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back