OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man check it out. Awesome healthy fish. They QT. Look them up here on R2R. I aslo go to Reefe Shop in Bronx. They just relocated so setting up tanks at the moment. They open but not full gas. Im sure they be sponsors on here too

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns bully to establish dominance and assign sexuality. One will become female and the males become her harem. In the wild the female has several nems and mulitpe males ove a large territory.

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the pair i got the femsle was the larger ine and smaller male. The smallest one i have no clue what it is. Hopefully i catch him sooner than later but they seem ti get along great now. I have no luck with nems. I really don’t want to add another one if its going to die on me. I know i added them early. My tank is over a year now so maybe its mature enough to keep a nem idk

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh , I had a nem in mine for a year and the clowns didn't care. Lol.

It's the funny thing they're sold in pairs and it's the common theory. They don't pair in the wild, they have multiple partners and harems.

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man! She dint even notice new additions my son rats me out. Hes 2-1/2. He goes yesterday look mama dada bought 2 new fishy. Lol. Then i got burnt by the wife. So now i give her credit card and sent her to the mall

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make harems (only one becomes male and the others are replacements) and the “pair” chases and bullies the others into submission they all do it to the smaller ones until they stay (and be dominated) or move off and make their own family
The ocean is much bigger than our tanks so when they chase one he just goes further away in our tanks there is nowhere to go but up so into the overflow or out of the tank
You probably got two immature fish and one is bigger the other is smaller thats what i do with my babies before i sell because people want pairs but juveniles don’t pair they just go together they have to be at least a year- year and half old to start pairing
Most clowns sold in the market are under 6 months old
If your interested in selling the single i might be interested i have a Wyoming white i would like to pair

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the pair i got the femsle was the larger ine and smaller male. The smallest one i have no clue what it is. Hopefully i catch him sooner than later but they seem ti get along great now. I have no luck with nems. I really don’t want to add another one if its going to die on me. I know i added them early. My tank is over a year now so maybe its mature enough to keep a nem idk

Anemones use to die on me too i bought one from this guy that lives close to me he raises them its very healthy beautiful colors
makes me think only aqua-cultured anemones last the others you need perfect parameters to make the change from ocean to tank least stressful

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh , I had a nem in mine for a year and the clowns didn't care. Lol.

It's the funny thing they're sold in pairs and it's the common theory. They don't pair in the wild, they have multiple partners and harems.

I also got malu seabea anemone my clowns actually host them they are known to host most clownfish my clowns only show interest in the bubble-tips but no actual hosting

Because depending on the clownfish but most break off and make their own families if there aren’t any anemones on a bunch in one spot then they would stay together

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got malu seabea anemone my clowns actually host them they are known to host most clownfish my clowns only show interest in the bubble-tips but no actual hosting

Because depending on the clownfish but most break off and make their own families if there aren’t any anemones on a bunch in one spot then they would stay together
I dunno. I was just going with what the science said. It changes in a tank and species to species.

Mine host the bta so bad it makes it split. I have three in a row now.
IMG_0493.JPG

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno. I was just going with what the science said. It changes in a tank and species to species.

Mine host the bta so bad it makes it split. I have three in a row now.
IMG_0493.JPG

Yes they usually suffocate bubble tips yours had to be big to split and not die clownfish usually kill bubble tips (at least the smaller anemones)

its not their natural anemone to host seabea are

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty big id think they are over a year old. The small one i got is like an 1-1/4 maybe and is about 9 months. These 2 are from Bali Aquarich i picked up and about 2 inches. Going to try and catch this small guy tonight. I want to keep him in small tank. Hes a really nice looking clown so dont want to get rid of him

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%

Back