Branespikin Reefer 250

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't really need much, just a simple HOB filter, powerhead, heater, thermometer, air pump with a sponge filter, ammonia badge and some pvc
You can also spray paint or cover with adhesive film the sides, back and bottom of the tank

20160730_181212.jpg

61EUpYGyzJL._SL1000_.jpg

20160804_201257.jpg
I know this is an older post, but any chance someone knows what this air pump/sponge filter combo is? Thanks!

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed the xr30s gen 3 for a pair of xr15 Gen 4. Will be adding some coral this week

IMG_7158.JPG
Why did you do that? I got a used xr30 gen 3 on my 65 tall and replaced a maxspect. When I saw you had 2 xr30s, I thought that was a lot unless maybe you were going SPS. How would you compare the intensity after the change? Are you running the leds at full power?

Thanks

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the Gen 3s but saw the Gen 4s in action and ordere them. There is quite a bit of difference in the lights. Spread is better and color too. I have had great results with these lights. Not really into SPS much mostly Zoas and Lps. Got my lights at 70% at peak. I think this combo of lights is perfect for this tank. Had one xr30 Gen 3. Had 2kessils 160 and this combo now is great.
Why did you do that? I got a used xr30 gen 3 on my 65 tall and replaced a maxspect. When I saw you had 2 xr30s, I thought that was a lot unless maybe you were going SPS. How would you compare the intensity after the change? Are you running the leds at full power?

Thanks

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the Gen 3s but saw the Gen 4s in action and ordere them. There is quite a bit of difference in the lights. Spread is better and color too. I have had great results with these lights. Not really into SPS much mostly Zoas and Lps. Got my lights at 70% at peak. I think this combo of lights is perfect for this tank. Had one xr30 Gen 3. Had 2kessils 160 and this combo now is great.
Thanks, your first post in the thread showed 2 xr30s so that threw me off.

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, your first post in the thread showed 2 xr30s so that threw me off.
Oh yeah. I had the the 2 xr30s from my old larger tank. Had to downgrade tanks so had these lights on for a while. They were overkill. The xr15s are perfect for my setup now!

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t get my little clown out. I introduced new pair in tank. He swam right up to them showing the tank around like a tour guide. The 3 of them like best friends i thought they would attack him.
8B843125-82A1-4B8E-8BA8-966744981257.jpeg

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns will fight eventually killing or bullying one constantly
Why didn’t you just add one
I have another tank. Im going to try and catch the small one and put him in there. Going to try tonight while he’s sleeping. Not planning to keep long term. Saw this pair and picked it up just couldn’t catch the single small one i had. But eventually he will go in smaller tank!

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another tank. Im going to try and catch the small one and put him in there. Going to try tonight while he’s sleeping. Not planning to keep long term. Saw this pair and picked it up just couldn’t catch the single small one i had. But eventually he will go in smaller tank!

If you need i have a trap you can borrow
I am in Brooklyn

Don’t go to pop as often anymore

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need i have a trap you can borrow
I am in Brooklyn

Don’t go to pop as often anymore
I tried netting him just tough to catch. Ill take you up on that offer if i cant catch. Thx. I haven’t been in pop ling time. Git new place by me her NY Reef Aquatics. Great place

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back