Branespikin Reefer 250

stscream4187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. I just purchased the DOS and the new Apex as well and have a 250 Reefer and have been struggling with how to mount it. I really like the way you set it up. Any more information you can provide on how you mounted everything? Thanks!

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. I just purchased the DOS and the new Apex as well and have a 250 Reefer and have been struggling with how to mount it. I really like the way you set it up. Any more information you can provide on how you mounted everything? Thanks!
Yeah sure. Ill get you some pics and info tonight when i get back from work.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving the aquascape. Your system is hands down one of the coolest and cleanest I've ever seen.
image-jpeg.388157
To me it looks like a buchner flask and funnel, pump(s), and multiple resivors. It's all very perplexing to me. Great work, I look forward to future posts :)

- C. Smith

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

What i did was make a box to fit exactly in the back opening in chiller compartment like 4" deep and made the top panel 8" deep so it comes out just enough for my DOS to sit on. I hung all the apex on my wall behind so you just slide the box in and everything looks like its inside the box. Your tank has got to be like 3.5 to 4" for panel to be flush with cabinet face for a clean look. You got to leave space for cables when plugged in the apex so yo might not end really flush but 3/4" proud which is no big deal. I made the frint panel 3/4" shorter so i can stick my fingers in to pull door off. I put those like ball and catch hinges to attach the door on. Works pretty good.

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving the aquascape. Your system is hands down one of the coolest and cleanest I've ever seen.

To me it looks like a buchner flask and funnel, pump(s), and multiple resivors. It's all very perplexing to me. Great work, I look forward to future posts :)

- C. Smith

Thanks man!! I put alot of time and effort to make it just the way i want it.

stscream4187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

What i did was make a box to fit exactly in the back opening in chiller compartment like 4" deep and made the top panel 8" deep so it comes out just enough for my DOS to sit on. I hung all the apex on my wall behind so you just slide the box in and everything looks like its inside the box. Your tank has got to be like 3.5 to 4" for panel to be flush with cabinet face for a clean look. You got to leave space for cables when plugged in the apex so yo might not end really flush but 3/4" proud which is no big deal. I made the frint panel 3/4" shorter so i can stick my fingers in to pull door off. I put those like ball and catch hinges to attach the door on. Works pretty good.

That's perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. I am probably going to steal this idea!

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater is in. Letting it simmer for a day or two. My friend going to give me some sand to seed and a few rocks. He also has one of thise marinepure blocks to stick in there to help my tank cycle. Ill add few drops of Pure Ammonia too to get things started.
Got my AF products in the mail too

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice scape bro. How was your trip to homeland ?
Thanks man! It was beautiful as always just short. I can never get enough of Croatia!! My wife and kid still there so now im setting tank up before they come next week.

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha so you are putting her on final act. Leave wife and go home earlier to set up new tank. My man hahahaha.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! I think I saw those dosing containers on Amazon but the reviews complained of a strong odor. Did you notice anything like that?

OP
OP
Branespikin

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I think I saw those dosing containers on Amazon but the reviews complained of a strong odor. Did you notice anything like that?
I did not fill them up with anything yet still new. I bought them like 7-8 months ago. Never smelt anything funky. Just took a whiff now. Nothing! All good

DT Prime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one a week or so ago, mine also has no odor in the containers themselves. Tubing provided had a plastic\rubbery smell initially but was gone by the next day, don't plan on using it anyway though since it's a solid color (orange) and I prefer clear.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back