BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
5-10 minutes is plenty. You could go longer but it’s not needed :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Limited supply will be available this week. We will start a official dip only thread :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They will be put on to our site when available. All that info will be posted in the official thread :)

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t want to turn this into a Vibrant thread but basically you need to slowly increase how frequently you are dosing. Some species you will need to get your dosing up to every other day. Some will need a daily dose for a week or two and then you can slowly start decreasing how frequently you need to dose once they are not visible anymore :)
Is this the same theory for GHA? I've been dosing Vibrant and had a huge decrease in the amount of GHA but it seems to have reached a plateau... Do I need to dose more to get over this last little bit of GHA still hanging on, then go to a maintenance dose? Sorry not trying to turn this into a vibrant thread either. But I saw this and had a very similar question.

Hebby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just did a happy wee ;Troll

Now I can sit and look at my tank not having to worry if any of these pests came in on anything I've purchased. But there's now a downside too ;Nailbiting
It also means being able to buy more coral now meaning even less money :( looks like I'll be turning to the black market to sell more body parts ;Woot

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just did a happy wee ;Troll

Now I can sit and look at my tank not having to worry if any of these pests came in on anything I've purchased. But there's now a downside too ;Nailbiting
It also means being able to buy more coral now meaning even less money :( looks like I'll be turning to the black market to sell more body parts ;Woot
I would not assume that it's safe to "not worry if any pests came in on anything" There are pests out there that are still unknown to most of the aquarium hobby that this dip will not touch. You need to still dip, QT, and carefully monitor new acquisitions or you are risking your entire collection.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Update again!

Since our last update post this past Friday, I’m happy to report no one is seeing any live flatworms or signs of flatworms present.

We sent out return messages this afternoon to the first group of people who messaged us about documenting their flatworm trial on this forum. We have heard back from a few who are ready to go. For the ones we do not hear back from in the next 24 hours or so, we will move down the list and reach out to those next in line :)

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Update again!

Since our last update post this past Friday, I’m happy to report no one is seeing any live flatworms or signs of flatworms present.

We sent out return messages this afternoon to the first group of people who messaged us about documenting their flatworm trial on this forum. We have heard back from a few who are ready to go. For the ones we do not hear back from in the next 24 hours or so, we will move down the list and reach out to those next in line :)
Thank you for the good work!

Hebby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would not assume that it's safe to "not worry if any pests came in on anything" There are pests out there that are still unknown to most of the aquarium hobby that this dip will not touch. You need to still dip, QT, and carefully monitor new acquisitions or you are risking your entire collection.

I do dip EVERYTHING but that doesn't stop eggs does it? As we all know people who do dip are still at risk of getting AEFW bit at least this gives the chance not to worry if AEFW comes in as egg form and missed by dipping and scrubbing. I was referring to this thread and it being about AEFW not everything else that is still unknown to most hobbyists.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
I do dip EVERYTHING but that doesn't stop eggs does it? As we all know people who do dip are still at risk of getting AEFW bit at least this gives the chance not to worry if AEFW comes in as egg form and missed by dipping and scrubbing. I was referring to this thread and it being about AEFW not everything else that is still unknown to most hobbyists.
This is why quarintine helps other than just dipping and was a suggestion.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, dipping alone is not enough. You must quarantine to make sure that there were no eggs hiding out somewhere on the frag or frag plug. It's great we have a potential in-tank treatment now for AEFW, but you should still practice safe quarantine procedures regardless. That's the only way to insure you don't introduce pests. In the rare event that something slips past QT, this new in tank treatment could be a god send in avoiding the need to tear down the tank to get rid of them. So, it's a great new thing, but we all need to continue to do the right thing which is dip AND QT.

Hebby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, dipping alone is not enough. You must quarantine to make sure that there were no eggs hiding out somewhere on the frag or frag plug. It's great we have a potential in-tank treatment now for AEFW, but you should still practice safe quarantine procedures regardless. That's the only way to insure you don't introduce pests. In the rare event that something slips past QT, this new in tank treatment could be a god send in avoiding the need to tear down the tank to get rid of them. So, it's a great new thing, but we all need to continue to do the right thing which is dip AND QT.
As above not everyone has room for a QT

atlorange

View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like this may take care of polycads and nudis....Any testers have black bugs as well? I have been dealing with them for 6 months....Nothing I have tried so far kills them...

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like this may take care of polycads and nudis....Any testers have black bugs as well? I have been dealing with them for 6 months....Nothing I have tried so far kills them...

Have not heard that any of our testers have black bugs, so not sure :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back