BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes sir, pre sale coming Sunday. We’ll post here when it’s live :)
Ya, I was going to try to help with some presale hype in the Pacific North West.... Nevermind
IMG_9669.JPG

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
My test began yesterday:

I picked up AEFW fairly recently, I believe to be 3 months ago from an order (I wont name vendors because I am not 100%). I follow a QT procedure; corals are removed from vendor plugs placed in bayer dip for 10 mins (10ml per 8oz is my dose). I use containers I can hold up to the light to inspect for visible pests after dipping and I use magnify goggles to inspect for eggs. My corals go into QT for 2 weeks with T5 lighting (40G) and then into my display. For the past year this has seemed to work flawless as all new arrivals have flourished. Noticed colors fading on some established corals and my inspection showed I had AEFW.

I am not sure that AEFW can go from none to plaque proportions where they start to negatively affect healthy corals 3 months. It is my experience from the tanks that I have found it in is it takes a long time to before the numbers are noticeable. Usually the fish in your tank will help keep the numbers down. The stressed corals become the first ones that you notice being affected. I have found AEFW from several tanks from reefers that had no idea they had them and hadn't added a new coral in a long period of time.

You might want to look at other additions to your tank maybe from a time (years ago) that you didn't have the same level of dipping and quarantine that you currently use.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not sure that AEFW can go from none to plaque proportions where they start to negatively affect healthy corals 3 months. It is my experience from the tanks that I have found it in is it takes a long time to before the numbers are noticeable. Usually the fish in your tank will help keep the numbers down. The stressed corals become the first ones that you notice being affected. I have found AEFW from several tanks from reefers that had no idea they had them and hadn't added a new coral in a long period of time.

You might want to look at other additions to your tank maybe from a time (years ago) that you didn't have the same level of dipping and quarantine that you currently use.

I agree, this is the exact reason I did not mention a vendor as I’m just not 100%. I’m of the belief you can get them from anywhere and even with good QT can potentially miss eggs as they are so very small. Unless I am qt’ing for 6 months + there will always be a risk.

Even when you speak to the most reputable sps dealers they have to deal with these pests.

This is why I’m so thankful for this product. I will continue to respect and improve my QT but it’s nice to have an extra backup. I also like this product because I can regularly treat my QT system as maintanence.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
I bought some of the dip. I don't believe I have any aefw but I have been watching this closely to see the name, price, availability, etc of the in tank treatment. Just wondering if there will be a new thread with the actual product or if I have to keep watching this.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ya, I was going to try to help with some presale hype in the Pacific North West.... Nevermind
IMG_9669.JPG

Very beautiful tank :)

It definitely takes a while. When people actually notice they have a AEFW problem, it is usual at plague proportions where damage starts to happen rapidly as their acros have declined :(

I bought some of the dip. I don't believe I have any aefw but I have been watching this closely to see the name, price, availability, etc of the in tank treatment. Just wondering if there will be a new thread with the actual product or if I have to keep watching this.

Not sure at this point. We may just keep this thread rolling :)

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Have any of the testers used this product in tanks with Nems? More than just BTA, but other types as well?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Man those things are scary looking :eek:

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Update Time:

I dipped some select frags and basted some larger colonies. Of the three dipped frags, one showed a few large AEFW but nothing small. Basting colonies I blew off about 3-4 large AEFW for the entire tank so we are making progress. The only survivors seem to be the large guys...

I just dosed the tank with the second "first week" dose to see how it all goes. Here are some pictures I took of the second day after the first dose just before dosing #2 to show that there were no harmful effects on the tank, everything looked great.

Front View
itNO3Wb.jpg

Some top down views of the corals, PE and color still good
4kTXrfg.jpg

t9Qvm0T.jpg

chfqVBB.jpg

UNAuY8D.jpg

Ready for dose #2:
44lypCU.jpg

Here is a quick video showing the second dose in action:

Beautiful system! I really hope it works for you, because it would be a real shame to have to tear that down for dipping/QT.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, totally safe with all anemones :)

I'm talking Mags, Carpets, Sebae...etc. Do you have pictures or testimonials of this you can share?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We have personally tested it on tanks with all types of anemones and they are not phased one bit :)

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
We have personally tested it on tanks with all types of anemones and they are not phased one bit :)

So you guys don't have any samples out at the moment to folks with high end Nems that you could share pictures or testimonials from?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m not sure. Maybe someone will chime in, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that is has zero affect on anemones :)

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Sent you and email Jeff.

Thank you and looking forward to getting our first order.

Back