BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Really sorry to the guys that are having issues. This is definitely not the norm. We do truly appreciate any feedback given, good or bad :)

What is different in the few tanks that have lost corals compared to the rest who are running through the treatment happily as can be? It’s impossible to say at this point. A frustrating part, and this has been from the beginning is to get users to speak up in public. Many of these guys are serious coral farmers and sellers or serious hobbyists who sell frags, who do not want to be known as having AEFW’s. I’d say at this point now, we probably have at least 500 users and have heard negative feedback from a handful or so. The others seem to be very happy with the treatment when I receive feedback via messaging or email. I wish more people would jump in here so that we could determine the differences in systems, dosing times, alk swings, etc that would minimize risk for the few users that may run into issues.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
? How many of you guys increase surface water movement when this is added to the tank.

It sounds like it’s making the water heavy like when we add meds to a qt.

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Really sorry to the guys that are having issues. This is definitely not the norm. We do truly appreciate any feedback given, good or bad :)

What is different in the few tanks that have lost corals compared to the rest who are running through the treatment happily as can be? It’s impossible to say at this point. A frustrating part, and this has been from the beginning is to get users to speak up in public. Many of these guys are serious coral farmers and sellers or serious hobbyists who sell frags, who do not want to be known as having AEFW’s. I’d say at this point now, we probably have at least 500 users and have heard negative feedback from a handful or so. The others seem to be very happy with the treatment when I receive feedback via messaging or email. I wish more people would jump in here so that we could determine the differences in systems, dosing times, alk swings, etc that would minimize risk for the few users that may run into issues.
*I am very curious. how many systems did you treat this in as a test bed? you are stating as of today you are still looking for more data. this leads me to believe that like I have stated previously you didnt do enough research or gain enough data. If in fact you knew about huge PH influx, and severe Alk swings and alk utilization problems. you sure didnt have any disclaimers. or caution notifications anywhere... only that its 100% reef safe! yet you changed the dosage 1 week after launch? looks like you are still refining this product to me.
*you are allowing hobbyists to be your test bed.. Oh and other retail businesses like myself. without calling it a test bed or subject.... you are already selling a 100% refined and tested product so the claim is.
*your title says 100% reef safe treatment. I would reevaluate that statement, I wouldnt agree its safe. I would say at the very least use with caution... ALk swings, PH swings, etc.
*your claim is outlandish... its a claim of a 100% eradication of AEFW product that is 100% reef safe. however you are still looking for feedback and data.
*Instead of the initial release, I would have loved to seen a post that we are looking for new test subjects that can provide feedback and data for our new product than can Potentially end the AEFW epidemic.... That we are looking to release to the general public very soon.
*I am super unhappy about your nonchalant responses. business professional to business professional. why wouldnt you reach out to another professional to find out about their data and experience. You are saying that the people having issues are serious coral farmers and sellers???? meaning the most heavily SPS dominant systems available for your test bed??? And they are the ones having issues? Yet have you arent posting ANY findings, or ANY data other than its unfortunate, and they are the lowly 1%.... those losses must be acceptable. show some concern at the very least. that only leads me to believe you simply dont care.
* only had 3 more casualties overnight. so I chalk that up to a win.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
*I am super unhappy about your nonchalant responses. business professional to business professional. why wouldnt you reach out to another professional to find out about their data and experience. You are saying that the people having issues are serious coral farmers and sellers???? meaning the most heavily SPS dominant systems available for your test bed??? And they are the ones having issues? Yet have you arent posting ANY findings, or ANY data other than its unfortunate, and they are the lowly 1%.... those losses must be acceptable. show some concern at the very least. that only leads me to believe you simply dont care.

In my opinion, UWC has been more professional than you have in these exchanges. Your posts are not going to send people running to check out your business...

I think you are misunderstanding what he posted. He is saying that there are some large scale coral farmers who have used the product and reported success to him privately. They are not posting to this public thread because they don't want people to think that they are battling flatworms.

Here's some "data" from my systems.

I have two separate 65 gallon SPS systems. I am two weeks into the treatment, and I have not had any losses yet or any corals that seem to be stressed. At the beginning, I had suspicions that I had an early infestation of flatworms, so I was not seeing much flatworm impact yet on the corals when I started. It was probably an optimal situation to start a treatment like this. I did have an early infestation of montipora nudibranchs, so I thought I would test this new treatment out on them too.

I've been administering the dose right before lights out at night. I did this to reduce the impact on alk consumption, since my corals don't consume much alk at night anyway. The water is cleared up by morning, which I think reduces the impact of the treatment. I've been turning my skimmer back on after two days of treatment.

Within two days of treatment I saw about a 30% reduction in alkalinity consumption, so I have been adjusting the doser accordingly. I've been able to keep alk quite stable by testing twice per day. This product does need to be used with strict monitoring of alk levels, and should be labeled so in the future.

I've also done about a 15% water change on day 6 of the treatment.

I'll post again when I have final results. I can say so far that this treatment does NOT have an impact on Montipora nudibranchs, but it was never advertised as such. That would have been a nice bonus.

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
In my opinion, UWC has been more professional than you have in these exchanges. Your posts are not going to send people running to check out your business...

I think you are misunderstanding what he posted. He is saying that there are some large scale coral farmers who have used the product and reported success to him privately. They are not posting to this public thread because they don't want people to think that they are battling flatworms.

Here's some "data" from my systems.

I have two separate 65 gallon SPS systems. I am two weeks into the treatment, and I have not had any losses yet or any corals that seem to be stressed. At the beginning, I had suspicions that I had an early infestation of flatworms, so I was not seeing much flatworm impact yet on the corals when I started. It was probably an optimal situation to start a treatment like this. I did have an early infestation of montipora nudibranchs, so I thought I would test this new treatment out on them too.

I've been administering the dose right before lights out at night. I did this to reduce the impact on alk consumption, since my corals don't consume much alk at night anyway. The water is cleared up by morning, which I think reduces the impact of the treatment. I've been turning my skimmer back on after two days of treatment.

Within two days of treatment I saw about a 30% reduction in alkalinity consumption, so I have been adjusting the doser accordingly. I've been able to keep alk quite stable by testing twice per day. This product does need to be used with strict monitoring of alk levels, and should be labeled so in the future.

I've also done about a 15% water change on day 6 of the treatment.

I'll post again when I have final results. I can say so far that this treatment does NOT have an impact on Montipora nudibranchs, but it was never advertised as such. That would have been a nice bonus.
I agree 100%. This could look bad for my business. I also agree that I could be misinterpreting what was said. It wasn't clarified if the "big coral farmers" are having positive or negative results.
What I am upset about is I don't think it went throught the proper testing. I think the users right now are the majority of the testing.
I just think that the bold claim of the product, and still looking for more data... and changing the dosing regiment after its initial release mean the product and or procedures will still be tweaked.
Meaning we ARE the test subjects. I for one wouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon if that was my initial thought, especially since I could have just continued dipping the new additions and it was in fact preventative.
Also I want to apologize for poking fun of your "2 acro" system. It seems as if you in fact run sps systsems after reading your last post
and are taking this and the data seriously. After pulling out thousands in dead coral I may have been a little touchy.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m absolutely not trying to be nonchalant.. I’m actually trying to figure out why a handful of people have had issues and not the other 495 people. Especially your system strikes me as odd. Why were 99% of your corals in your main display ok, but your frag tank suffered and they run on the same system?

No one is a test bed. We have tested this over and over with the same formula for the last 5 months on numerous systems including our test systems, our own systems, our clients systems, friends systems and local reef members systems which house all the same corals that everyone else has. As for the big corals farmers and other users, I’m not saying they are having issues, I’m saying there is zero percent chance they are going to come on here and tell you they had AEFW’s and how well it has worked for them like a few have in here. Very few people want to admit publicly that they have this pest.

There were no changes to the dosing structure. We decided it was best to start with a double dose instead of splitting that dose into two, spread out by three days. One of the species of AEFW’s takes that strength to kill off. We have actually tested up to 10x strength with zero issues. So regardless if you add the first dose all at once, or split it into two, you are adding the same amount to your system.

When it comes to the label, we mentioned a long while back in this thread that we were going to refine it as it was much too basic. So when people have made suggestions on things they think should be on the label, we have taken them very seriously.

What will help us now moving forward is if people can give a lot more details on their systems, dosing info, issues, no issues and see if there is some kind of a pattern that shows up which might lead to why a few are having issues :)

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC : About to purchase your PURGE product.
My Tank is 100 gallon. Need to know if I have to subtract amount of rocks, sand and corals or I need to buy enough to treat 100 gal.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No, just go by system volume :)

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes. The drop was the initial dose

IMHO you should investigate the reason for the low pH @trido
That's easy. A 400G SPS system with three separate tanks growing out upwards of 200 SPS frags at any one time. My calcium reactor runs hard and is nearly maxed out. If I turn it off the Dkh will drop from 10 to 9 in 24 hours and the Ph will raise up to 8.2.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
*I am very curious. how many systems did you treat this in as a test bed? you are stating as of today you are still looking for more data. this leads me to believe that like I have stated previously you didnt do enough research or gain enough data. If in fact you knew about huge PH influx, and severe Alk swings and alk utilization problems. you sure didnt have any disclaimers. or caution notifications anywhere... only that its 100% reef safe! yet you changed the dosage 1 week after launch? looks like you are still refining this product to me.
*you are allowing hobbyists to be your test bed.. Oh and other retail businesses like myself. without calling it a test bed or subject.... you are already selling a 100% refined and tested product so the claim is.
*your title says 100% reef safe treatment. I would reevaluate that statement, I wouldnt agree its safe. I would say at the very least use with caution... ALk swings, PH swings, etc.
*your claim is outlandish... its a claim of a 100% eradication of AEFW product that is 100% reef safe. however you are still looking for feedback and data.
*Instead of the initial release, I would have loved to seen a post that we are looking for new test subjects that can provide feedback and data for our new product than can Potentially end the AEFW epidemic.... That we are looking to release to the general public very soon.
* only had 3 more casualties overnight. so I chalk that up to a win.
How about you unsubscribe and go away, youve been negative before even trying the product which was a surprise to read you you even did.

You're something else

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
I agree 100%. This could look bad for my business. I also agree that I could be misinterpreting what was said. It wasn't clarified if the "big coral farmers" are having positive or negative results.
What I am upset about is I don't think it went throught the proper testing. I think the users right now are the majority of the testing.
I just think that the bold claim of the product, and still looking for more data... and changing the dosing regiment after its initial release mean the product and or procedures will still be tweaked.
Meaning we ARE the test subjects. I for one wouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon if that was my initial thought, especially since I could have just continued dipping the new additions and it was in fact preventative.
Also I want to apologize for poking fun of your "2 acro" system. It seems as if you in fact run sps systsems after reading your last post
and are taking this and the data seriously. After pulling out thousands in dead coral I may have been a little touchy.
1000's of dead corals- really??

Im wanting an FBI investigation to this amd many claims you've asserted

Lots of fake news IMHO
Peace

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
1000's of dead corals- really??

Im wanting an FBI investigation to this amd many claims you've asserted

Lots of fake news IMHO
Peace

...he said 1000 DOLLARS not corals. I for one want to hear the positive and negative reports. I do not have AEFW's but I am following never the less in the event one day I need this product. The successes and failures need to be discussed in order to determine what variables are in play. I would hope that those with negative experiences using this product are not told to "unsubscribe"

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
...he said 1000 DOLLARS not corals. I for one want to hear the positive and negative reports. I do not have AEFW's but I am following never the less in the event one day I need this product. The successes and failures need to be discussed in order to determine what variables are in play. I would hope that those with negative experiences using this product are not told to "unsubscribe"
Negative experiences should be welcome so we can determine best practices and learn collectively-pure negativity isnt helpful in my opinion that/those parts Ive not misread as I did in dollars vs quantity

Thanks for the clarification :)

takayan

View Badges
Reaction score
I always assume that all products have positive and negative side especially treatment additive.
I had a terrible experience for KZ A-balance. Many of my SPS died and had been struggled to keep SPS for a long time.
When something look wrong then take an action. So observation is important element to keep corals healthy since each tanks are different.

Anyway, my friend used Purge. Some of his frags were died. It might be too strong to frags.

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
I always assume that all products have positive and negative side especially treatment additive.
I had a terrible experience for KZ A-balance. Many of my SPS died and had been struggled to keep SPS for a long time.
When something look wrong then take an action. So observation is important element to keep corals healthy since each tanks are different.

Anyway, my friend used Purge. Some of his frags were died. It might be too strong to frags.
I don't believe the frag theory to be true, my reason being is the system that I am treating has mostly frags and some small colonies. The only loss that I've had was on its way out before I started treatment. I also had 2 other ones start showing new growth after starting treatment. That's a total of 3 frags that were bleached prior to starting and only lost one, 2 milles are showing new growth and the one I lost is some tenuis I don't know the name of. I have 2 Homewrecker frags a Walt Disney frag multiple Mille frags all showing more polyp extension and better coloration then before starting treatment. My small colonies are all showing improved coloration and polyp extension. It is my smaller system 75 gallon water volume. I keep alk 9 calcium 450 mag 1400 salinity 1.025 ph normally swings from 8.1 day 7.9 night, during treatment ph dips to 7.8x and lingers there for about 36-48 hours no3 below 10 and po4 .08

I also must add, I did increase flow by adding an additional mp10 when I started treatment to try to help blow any weak aefw off corals as the treatment took effect. All 3 of my doses have been the double dose. After seeing my corals response to initial double dose I tested a 2nd double dose and saw just as much improvement. I will continue doing double dose for the remainder of treatment.

Last edited:
Back