BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fraghunter

View Badges
Reaction score
do I start skimming with the cup back on after 48 hours on each dose or don't use skimmer cup till all treatments have been completed?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
At a minimum leave it off for 48hrs after every dose.

This is correct. Longer is better if your system can handle not running a skimmer to remove waste :)

I just started my dose I’ll keep everyone posted. Wish me luck!:D

Looking forward to your updates :)

I wish more people would share their results. We have received a lot of emails and messages with some incredible results the last few weeks, but it’s impossible to get some to post publicly.

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Can you update the original post to include a link to the product so people don’t have to go searching through the 68 page thread to find what this is?

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
This is correct. Longer is better if your system can handle not running a skimmer to remove waste :)

Looking forward to your updates :)

I wish more people would share their results. We have received a lot of emails and messages with some incredible results the last few weeks, but it’s impossible to get some to post publicly.
Also quick question, should I remove GFO and Filter Floss?

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I don't use GFO, but I did run my KM phosphate sponge to counteract the rise in nutrients and it didn't affect the treatment at all. I also used my filter socks intermittently. I kept the skimmer cup off for all 4 treatments. Still no signs of any flatworms in my system.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m on my 2nd dosage and I’m starting to see colors comeback on my acros (feels good!) and fresh cuts are encrusting plugs, 2 weeks prior to starting purge I clipped every single one my sps and tossed away mini colonies with eggs, I performed dip in Bayer and dip in Melafix, I was planning on continue dipping and purge at the same time, just being paranoid and making sure if one didn’t work the other will help but will only be using purge from now on, or the next 3 weeks.... after my 2nd dip with Bayer after 3 rinses in 3 separate containers I found a bunch of pods and a lot of bristle worms dead all over my tank and all my shrimps and crabs are not acting normal they just been lingering on edges ever since not acting crazy over food or my Hand in the tank I have not seen my emeral which was a lawn mower do anything ever since, even being careful Bayer is something that should not be used in this hobby it’s dangerous, other than that things are looking good so far on to 2nd dosage. I have noticed my Kenya tree has not fully opened yet don’t know why only one that’s not liking purge so far or could be something else

Treated the tank for 100g

Tank :75g RR
Sump:30 gallon
Skimmer: reef Octopus which I had in without the collection cup the entire time

Stock:
Maxima clam
7 Shrimps pairs(cleaner, scarlet, porcelain and one pomp pomp)
Hermits ~ 4
Snails the usual clean up crew

Hammers
Torch
Frogspawn
Acans
Chalice
Leathers
GSP
Mostly SPS now just a bunch of frags of acros And lots of montipora colonies which the red caps picked up a bit more color in the past few days.

About 16 fishes mostly small Nano besides my potters angel biggest fish I have no issue with them

None of my corals or livestock has been affected.

One thing that scared me was the tint color it leaves behind but that only lasted 3-4 days today is Day 7 and everything looks back to normal. I did get a lil algea bloom and Kh did spike a bit from 8.3 to 8.8 but fine with me since I was going to top 9 after treatment but reduced my doser to match the reduced intake, my PH is always high 8.1-8.49 almost 8.5 is my range saw it dip to 7.9 and 8.3 max the lowest it’s been in months, I did not check my Ca, Nitrates or phosphate since I struggle to keep them detectable a spike on No3 and P4 would be helpful in my case.

So far no eggs no bites not aefw

Last edited:
OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

We recommend removing socks as they tend to plug up quick. I would keep your gfo running to keep your Po4 in check :)

I don't use GFO, but I did run my KM phosphate sponge to counteract the rise in nutrients and it didn't affect the treatment at all. I also used my filter socks intermittently. I kept the skimmer cup off for all 4 treatments. Still no signs of any flatworms in my system.

Thanks and awesome to hear :)

I’m on my 2nd dosage and I’m starting to see colors comeback on my acros (feels good!) and fresh cuts are encrusting plugs, 2 weeks prior to starting purge I clipped every single one my sps and tossed away mini colonies with eggs, I performed dip in Bayer and dip in Melafix, I was planning on continue dipping and purge at the same time, just being paranoid and making sure if one didn’t work the other will help but will only be using purge from now on, or the next 3 weeks.... after my 2nd dip with Bayer after 3 rinses in 3 separate containers I found a bunch of pods and a lot of bristle worms dead all over my tank and all my shrimps and crabs are not acting normal they just been lingering on edges ever since not acting crazy over food or my Hand in the tank I have not seen my emeral which was a lawn mower do anything ever since, even being careful Bayer is something that should not be used in this hobby it’s dangerous, other than that things are looking good so far on to 2nd dosage. I have noticed my Kenya tree has not fully opened yet don’t know why only one that’s not liking purge so far or could be something else

Treated the tank for 100g

Tank :75g RR
Sump:30 gallon
Skimmer: reef Octopus which I had in without the collection cup the entire time

Stock:
Maxima clam
7 Shrimps pairs(cleaner, scarlet, porcelain and one pomp pomp)
Hermits ~ 4
Snails the usual clean up crew

Hammers
Torch
Frogspawn
Acans
Chalice
Leathers
GSP
Mostly SPS now just a bunch of frags of acros And lots of montipora colonies which the red caps picked up a bit more color in the past few days.

About 16 fishes mostly small Nano besides my potters angel biggest fish I have no issue with them

None of my corals or livestock has been affected.

One thing that scared me was the tint color it leaves behind but that only lasted 3-4 days today is Day 7 and everything looks back to normal. I did get a lil algea bloom and Kh did spike a bit from 8.3 to 8.8 but fine with me since I was going to top 9 after treatment but reduced my doser to match the reduced intake, my PH is always high 8.1-8.49 almost 8.5 is my range saw it dip to 7.9 and 8.3 max the lowest it’s been in months, I did not check my Ca, Nitrates or phosphate since I struggle to keep them detectable a spike on No3 and P4 would be helpful in my case.

So far no eggs no bites not aefw

Sounds like you’re off to a good start! Looking forward to hearing your updates :)

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've read on some threads of reefers saying that "some people have had losses using Purge". I feel like they are unfairly blaming Purge. AEFW kills acros. Purge does not kill acros.

While I was waiting on my shipment of Purge a little over a month ago, I was basting my acros daily to remove as many FW as I could prior to dosing. The Purge arrived on a Monday. The day before (Sunday) as I was basting, I blasted a Miami Orchid acro that had one sick looking branch. All of the tissue blew off the entire colony, leaving a bone white skeleton. I'm guessing if that had happened on Monday after dosing Purge, I would have wondered if the Purge had killed my Miami Orchid.

I think the health of our acros has been severely compromised by the AEFW. It's normal to be suspicious of a new product, but Purge didn't harm my Tenuis, smooth-skins, stags, Nasuta, Valida, spaths, millies, etc., even using double-doses.

My Tri-Valida was ground-zero for the AEFW and it was encrusted between two rocks so I was never able to dip it. Now it's regaining its color.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've read on some threads of reefers saying that "some people have had losses using Purge". I feel like they are unfairly blaming Purge. AEFW kills acros. Purge does not kill acros.

While I was waiting on my shipment of Purge a little over a month ago, I was basting my acros daily to remove as many FW as I could prior to dosing. The Purge arrived on a Monday. The day before (Sunday) as I was basting, I blasted a Miami Orchid acro that had one sick looking branch. All of the tissue blew off the entire colony, leaving a bone white skeleton. I'm guessing if that had happened on Monday after dosing Purge, I would have wondered if the Purge had killed my Miami Orchid.

I think the health of our acros has been severely compromised by the AEFW. It's normal to be suspicious of a new product, but Purge didn't harm my Tenuis, smooth-skins, stags, Nasuta, Valida, spaths, millies, etc., even using double-doses.

My Tri-Valida was ground-zero for the AEFW and it was encrusted between two rocks so I was never able to dip it. Now it's regaining its color.

I noticed this as well “ I had a bad infestation corals full of aefw tried purge and it killed s fee acros everything else is fine” lol not the worm that’s eating them. btw I had one acro literally melting that’s when I noticed I had these Satan spawns in my tank

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, any instructions on how to use it as a dip? I am waiting for my bottle of Purge and Expel is apparently still not available I. Europe so I wonder what kind of dosage and timings could we use with Purge in a dip that would be effective and safe... if at all possible?

Thanks.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Purge does not make a great dip. I would wait until you can get Expel :)

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys , I'm 14 days after full Purge treatment, I don't see any flatworms or eggs , colours are going.

[ATTACH = pełny] 877600 [/ ATTACH]

45078962_192974704947256_2632532489628811264_n.jpg

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So....I did my initial double dose 7 days ago. For some reason I had in my head the next (single) dose was on day 7. So, I missed the 3rd day dose. I dose a single dose just now, on day 7. Am I doomed?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nope, you’re good. Your second dose after the initial double dose will be on day 7 :)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nope, you’re good. Your second dose after the initial double dose will be on day 7 :)
So, because my bottles have the single dose rec on the first day but new guidance is to double dose on the first day, the 3rd day dose is eliminated?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Correct, basically your double dose combined the two first week single doses :)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 57 25.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back