BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MrPike

View Badges
Reaction score
Kinda wondering if there is any correlation between people who run high nutrient DSB style tanks and those that run a more sterile BB tank, and success vs failure with the product. I could see all the aragonite acting as a sponge for the medication, just as it does with copper and other medications we use. Just a thought.

Koalab

View Badges
Reaction score
Kinda wondering if there is any correlation between people who run high nutrient DSB style tanks and those that run a more sterile BB tank, and success vs failure with the product. I could see all the aragonite acting as a sponge for the medication, just as it does with copper and other medications we use. Just a thought.
Can the dsb absorb a part of the purge?

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Although I'm just one example, I have a 3-inch sandbed that's almost 5 yrs. old so I'm always fighting nutrients. The Purge treatment was effective for my tank, so the sand didn't appear to matter.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't think nutrients matter much or having a DSB. It's been a few weeks with a lot of wins for people and zero reports of it not working :)

tyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I preordered purge a week before MACNA. I decided to start the treatment after I got back. My total water volume is 250 gallons. On my first treatment I did the double dose like instructions stated, 1st treatment 26oz on Wednesday September 12, a week later Tuesday I did a 10% water change next day Wednesday treated 13oz I repeated the 13oz treatment for 2 more weeks. I Completely cut off the skimmer and UV doing the whole treatment. I did not using carbon doing the treatment. My last treatment was on October 3 my corals looks great after but some aefw eggs are starting to show up, I have not added any SPS or anything else to the tank since I got back from MACNA. My thoughts are the corals was looking great because of not running the skimmer. I have the KH Guardian so I kept my KH in check.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you message me your order number or PayPal email so I can look up your order and batch number?

Marek

View Badges
Reaction score
This sounds incredible ;Drool
I had a horrible battle with AEFW a couple years back and it put me off for a while. SO glad to see this!!!

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well.....It has been 5 weeks since my 4th and final dose. So far, so good. I have not seen a worm or egg. JOY!!!! Knock on wood.

Awesome!! :)

This sounds incredible ;Drool
I had a horrible battle with AEFW a couple years back and it put me off for a while. SO glad to see this!!!

Indeed! :)

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Well I'm sad to report that my friend who treated his 175 gallon tank finished his last dose on Monday and yesterday we removed a frag that had flat worm eggs. Nothing new was added over the course of treatment so somewhere between disage 1 to present eggs have been laid

He followed the directions to a tee and even double dosed the last per my advice since I've been seen more people posting up this did not work for them and thought it wouldnt hurt being he had a full bittle left

We basted it throughout the entire process and have not actually seen a flat worm for the last couple weeks so crossing our fingers with skepticism due to the eggs

No livestock was lost through the process but its disheartening to say the least, I recommended this product based on the over whelming positive results I had been reading. Unfortunately that was 5 weeks (or more) ago and since then it seems more and more people are expressing the same results he had.

I need to circle back with the others to see what they experienced.

This isn't a slam on UWC, its just the facts of the matter and possibly a disclaimer should be added stating while its worked for some, it hasn't worked for all and as such isnt a successful in tank tank treatment for flatworms- IMO

I'll post what I hear from the others as well as an update on his tank down the road.

I understand why people are reluctant to post their tank has AEFW, when I battled them years ago it wasnt something I posted online about hense me being "the spokesperson"

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I guess I’m wondering if you’re not seeing any worms but founds some eggs, if those eggs weren’t laid right at the beginning of the treatment and haven’t hatched yet for some reason? I’d think one more dose after those eggs have hatched should completely eradicate the worms from the system. Pm me please :)

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
I saw the same thought it was over after completing the last dose. I didn't really see any worms come out after basting. However, I just dipped the acros that I can pull out and saw more flatworms.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So no signs of flatworms at the end of the treatment but must have had eggs somewhere within the tank that recently hatched?

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had a question in regards to eggs and flatworms, do they need to be a certain size or age to start Laying eggs ? Does anyone know will tiny new hatchlings a few days or Maybe a week or 2 old have the ability to lay eggs, im just super paranoid they might be laying tiny eggs I can’t see in contrast to bigger worms that lay very noticeable eggs

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
So no signs of flatworms at the end of the treatment but must have had eggs somewhere within the tank that recently hatched?

At the end of the treatment, I didn't notice any flatworms come off after basting. However, if I dip them, flatworms come off. It's a full SPS tank so basting can only get to certain parts of the coral. In any case, following your instructions didn't really eradicate it.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had a question in regards to eggs and flatworms, do they need to be a certain size or age to start Laying eggs ? Does anyone know will tiny new hatchlings a few days or Maybe a week or 2 old have the ability to lay eggs, im just super paranoid they might be laying tiny eggs I can’t see in contrast to bigger worms that lay very noticeable eggs

Yes, smaller, young worms cannot lay eggs and there is no such thing as tiny eggs :)

At the end of the treatment, I didn't notice any flatworms come off after basting. However, if I dip them, flatworms come off. It's a full SPS tank so basting can only get to certain parts of the coral. In any case, following your instructions didn't really eradicate it.

Could you please message me your invoice number or PayPal email address?

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Once again I want share some of my experience with Purge
I am extremely disappointed with this product
Yesterday I've spent some time to check my corals and I have hundreds aefw and I think thousands of new eggs
Ive made double 1st and second dose , single 3rd and double 4th
I've spent more than 200$ for product and shipping to Poland and it's just not working
I've spoken with 2 other lads in my country , they've just finished treatment or nearly finished and flatworms and eggs are still in they tanks
I have had big hope that we finally have something to kill aefw ......but not , it's just another placebo
Im adding some pictures , I've made them yesterday night , all my corals have eggs on the bottom , all are behind coral , that's why I didn't seen them before , my corals lost tissue in 75%
I've dipped them , so you can see on pictures how many was just on one colony
I think to shutdown my tank now , because I don't have any other ideas how to get rid of them , I will try with few more wrasses but if that will not help , i am done , I not gonna spend any more dollars for any **** product

20181102_225755.jpg

20181103_084241.jpg

20181103_084254.jpg

20181103_084310.jpg

20181103_094034.jpg

20181103_094333.jpg

20181103_094340.jpg

20181103_120220.jpg

20181103_120237.jpg

20181103_120701.jpg

20181103_094337.jpg

20180816_142156.jpg

View attachment 20180816_084913.jpg

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC or anyone else,
I'm 9 days in, with 3 doses done. Did the small WC (6g of 78g system) as directed last week at 6 days.
Found one AEFW last night when basting. Otherwise acros look better overall.

I'm starting to notice the water clarity has significantly degraded in the tank. It is very noticeably brown when looking through the tank. Should I be concerned?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back