BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jason142

View Badges
Reaction score
So, I decided to give it one more shot and upped my dose to 220g. I dosed 22oz last night and after dosing I seen what appeared to be AEFW floating around in the tank, almost immediately after the purge hit the water and spread through the tank. Not sure if that's what they were because they appeared to just be really thin flakes but really no other explanation for it.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC or anyone else,
I'm 9 days in, with 3 doses done. Did the small WC (6g of 78g system) as directed last week at 6 days.
Found one AEFW last night when basting. Otherwise acros look better overall.

I'm starting to notice the water clarity has significantly degraded in the tank. It is very noticeably brown when looking through the tank. Should I be concerned?

Obviously with each dose the tank will cloud with a dingy brown color. Every tank is a bit different on how quickly that clears up. As long as things look happy in the tank, I’d let it ride :)

tyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you think if I remove all my Acro out of the tank and put them in my frag tank that’s currently running for 1 year with no corals in it and dip them every 5 days for 6 weeks with bayer. Also do a treatment of double dose of purge every week for 6 weeks do you think I can get rid of them or is that too much. Do I have to remove my Acro from the rock that they’re on, or can I leave them on the rock long as the whole rock fit in the bucket with the bayer.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would not move them, it’s too stressful. I also wouldn’t do double doses every dose, it’s not needed. Just follow the instructions. If you have extra product, you can do a double dose halfway through the treatment or at the end if needed.

Also, baste the corals daily to keep tabs on population numbers :)

tyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would not move them, it’s too stressful. I also wouldn’t do double doses every dose, it’s not needed. Just follow the instructions. If you have extra product, you can do a double dose halfway through the treatment or at the end if needed.

Also, baste the corals daily to keep tabs on population numbers :)

I did a full purge treatment already but it did not get rid of all of them. We talk last week Jeff and you said that it was some bottling issues around the time of my order. You said I can do the full treatment or 1 treatment wait a few weeks, dip or baste, if you see any worms dose again but if I do 1 treatment and wait a few weeks how do that help to break the life cycle of the flatworms or eggs ? My tank has only been running for 1 year so I think it’s the best time to take out and QT all my Acro before they get too big.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Correct, this round will work as stated. Just follow the instructions. I would not move them :)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Once again I want share some of my experience with Purge
I am extremely disappointed with this product
Yesterday I've spent some time to check my corals and I have hundreds aefw and I think thousands of new eggs
Ive made double 1st and second dose , single 3rd and double 4th
I've spent more than 200$ for product and shipping to Poland and it's just not working
I've spoken with 2 other lads in my country , they've just finished treatment or nearly finished and flatworms and eggs are still in they tanks
I have had big hope that we finally have something to kill aefw ......but not , it's just another placebo
Im adding some pictures , I've made them yesterday night , all my corals have eggs on the bottom , all are behind coral , that's why I didn't seen them before , my corals lost tissue in 75%
I've dipped them , so you can see on pictures how many was just on one colony
I think to shutdown my tank now , because I don't have any other ideas how to get rid of them , I will try with few more wrasses but if that will not help , i am done , I not gonna spend any more dollars for any **** product

20181102_225755.jpg

20181103_084241.jpg

20181103_084254.jpg

20181103_084310.jpg

20181103_094034.jpg

20181103_094333.jpg

20181103_094340.jpg

20181103_120220.jpg

20181103_120237.jpg

20181103_120701.jpg

20181103_094337.jpg

20180816_142156.jpg

View attachment 20180816_084913.jpg

@UWC, could this be due to a bad batch or miss handling during shipment? Maybe bottles were exposed to extreme cold?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Cold will not affect it. I reached out to him about his order and have not heard back to look up his batch.

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
So far I have dosed this product as recommended. With the new dosing instructions. My coral have all gained back their colors. No signs of bites of eggs anywhere. I am only on my 2nd dose. Will keep you guys posted

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
What's the be dosing instructions? Is it different than the ones printed on label?

SGREEFER310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So im finished with my full treatment and i have not found one single aefw nor eggs, i dosed 2x the amount every time since i bought extra bottles. Im so happy, now to dial in alk consumption. [emoji4] i did get a little bit of algae but i rather have that then aefw. Now if you could only come up with something for the dang vermetids [emoji1373]

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m set to start my third dose tonight (basted off one good sized flatworm the other day) but unsure if I’ll continue. My sps are all RTNing so I guess one way or another I will get rid of the aefw by just starving them out.

No issues with PH or alk levels to this point. I did one small waterchange a couple days ago. About 4 days after the second treatment.

I’m not sure what’s causing it or if it’s even related to the use of Purge. I’m not even sure I care enough to do a full battery of tests.

Maybe this will just end up an lps/softie tank. LPS look ok. Some zoas have been closed up since starting Purge.

So, not sure it’s worth two more doses of this stuff. Or just cut my losses here and do some water changes to try to turn things around.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
One thing I would check for sure is what your Po4 is doing. Wondering if you have gotten a big spike in Po4 or No3 compared to what it normally runs? If so, I would get your Po4 back in line and I’d think things would settle down.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
One thing I would check for sure is what your Po4 is doing. Wondering if you have gotten a big spike in Po4 or No3 compared to what it normally runs? If so, I would get your Po4 back in line and I’d think things would settle down.

I also suspect a nutrient issue. However, I don’t feel using gfo to bring it down just as fast would do much good either.

My chaeto was also overgrown and packed in my sump which is one reason I did the water change. To pull and trim the chaeto and hopefully spur growth and some nutrient control.

Prior to Purge PO4 and NO3 were undetectable on test kits.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Understood. I would test and see where they are at now just because :)

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Cold will not affect it. I reached out to him about his order and have not heard back to look up his batch.
Hi @UWC , this is my order number 4NY61927NL785550S
And receive number 5157dbe1-f2a2-457c-bcd7-d0473d5effe0

iamnotkhiann

View Badges
Reaction score
I confirm the product works at least for me well. Although i did very thorough quarantine , aefw still get into my tank. I imported 3 bottle and dose it with the instruction on bottle on september. It wipe all clean after the treatment and all eggs and bite mark gone. No aefw found since then. Thumbs up! No adverse effect except slight algae grown due to skimmer cup off.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back