Break's new (again) 200+ build

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after starting this process in October, I now have a tank (see my other thread -- https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-discussion/192184-replace-glass-tank.html). My new one came today and I will have it plumbed and probably filled by Saturday.

Tank:

Custom build by Planet Aquariums in Texas.

Custom built stand
72x28x22 rimless. Starfire front.
Glass holes 3000gph overflow
Custom 40x18x16 fluid Design Sump, 15 gallon Fuge section and 20 gallon ATO built in.
3 Ecotech Radion G3's with wide angle lenses
2 Mp 40's for now
Bubble Magnus Curve 9 Skimmer
DC1200 return pump
Tunze ATO
Apex controller
Ecotech Reeflink

0206151314.jpg
0206151314a.jpg
0206151314b.jpg
1210141307c.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 1210141307b.jpg
    1210141307b.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 532
Tank looks great! Nice scape.

Is that Multi RMS bowing in the middle? That kind of annoys me. It might be the camera angle..
 
Yeah. It is bowing in the middle. It's aggravating.

This is good to know. I was going to go with the same setup for my new tank that is coming. Not sure how I feel about spending $240 on a mounting option that is already bowing with just 3 Radions. :(
 
This is good to know. I was going to go with the same setup for my new tank that is coming. Not sure how I feel about spending $240 on a mounting option that is already bowing with just 3 Radions. :(

I didn't want to hang them. I had already bought 3 RMS mounts, but the eurobracing at the top will not allow mounting single RMS mounts.
 
I didn't want to hang them. I had already bought 3 RMS mounts, but the eurobracing at the top will not allow mounting single RMS mounts.

I'm in the same situation. I don't want to hang them either, but I was going to run 4 or 5 Radion Pros over my 72x30x28.5 and it makes me nervous that the RMS is already bowing with just 3 fixtures over that span.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new