breeding behavior of large angels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter salty joe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

salty joe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
684
Location
Medina, Oh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal

I got my pair of blue ring angels about five years ago as little juvis. They got big and thick. Today, the male is chasing the female and when he catches her they circle and he twitches with his fins erect, as if he's showing off for her. She isn't trying all that hard to outrun him. IDK what it could be other than a mating ritual. The female has two brown stripes on her stomach in front of her ventral fins that are new. Maybe my clowns inspired them😍
 
@Jay Hemdal

I got my pair of blue ring angels about five years ago as little juvis. They got big and thick. Today, the male is chasing the female and when he catches her they circle and he twitches with his fins erect, as if he's showing off for her. She isn't trying all that hard to outrun him. IDK what it could be other than a mating ritual. The female has two brown stripes on her stomach in front of her ventral fins that are new. Maybe my clowns inspired them😍
I’ve never seen that genus spawn, so I don’t know what their courtship is like.

Smaller Centropyge angels need some vertical depth to make a spawning run towards the surface.

Spadefish spawn by swimming side by side with the male nudging the female’s side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new