Breeding live food

Adrift

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Messages
708
Reaction score
1,915
Location
Fort Worth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I’m interested in breeding live food: mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, copepods, and phytoplankton. Can y’all post some pictures of your equipment/setup and advice on what you need to get started.
 
I’ve done multiple types of phyto, pods, rotifers, and brine shrimp. Haven’t done mysis though I’d really like to. Here’s a pic of pods, rotifers, and phytos. Can’t find one of brine but I only hatch brine as I need them. I don’t keep a live batch constantly. I have raised Berghia nudibranchs as well. Not really live food but still a culture non the less. Keeping live cultures of anything is definitely a fun extension of the hobby. Especially if you have finicky eaters. There’s also of a setup of a phyto culture. I think I got my starts from gotpods.com or something like that. You’ll need some form of nitrogen. I use F2.
18453F47-5AC7-4F6B-9AC9-C3F13CB269EB.jpeg
B0D38B34-71D9-478D-ACD4-9A5C09654C19.jpeg
 
I would love to see someone breeding mysis.
Brine is somewhat simple. Its not much different from sea monkeys, just a different variation.
But I have yet to see anyone breed mysis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new