Breeding my Clarkii

  • Thread starter Thread starter SMasten
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SMasten

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Southeast CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a clarkii and I want to breed her as soon as I set up my bigger tank, but I first would need to find a male. I know that mine is definitely female as she's the only clown in that tank. How can I find a male for her? Also what kind of anemone should I get for her? Of all my fish she's my favorite and I want her to be happy and she deserves love so I just need to know how to identify which clarkii in a tank is a male.
Thanks!
 
Here's the beauty

IMG_20170112_192459_085.jpg
 
It's pretty easy. Find a store that has juvenile clarkiis. OR pick the smallest clarkii of a group - typically the one getting dominated by another and can sometimes be seen doing the "clownfish shimmy".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new