Breeding Pink Smith Damsels

jfjt7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok So, I recently discovered that my damsels had eggs, now this caught me completely by surprise because I never even planned on breeding these two, even at that I didn't even know their genders. But anyways some of the eggs have already hatched and died, I wasn't prepared this time and most of them died. Since then I have set up a fry tank with a sponge filter and all the other things necessary for a marine fish to live and be happy, But what I am really asking here is how not to fail next time when these fish have eggs / breed. I am not that new to the hobby, I have actually been here for a while but when it comes to breeding I am completely new. Any advice or tips is appreciated.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need a copepod culture going to feed the larvae. You can try feeding them rotifers but will have best results with copepods. A blacked out tank or a black round tub with an airline and heater is all you need, no filtration until they go through metamorphosis. Do some research on clownfish breeding, the technique is similar although damsels are considerably more challenging.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back