Breeding System CUC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Surskit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Surskit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2021
Messages
156
Reaction score
164
Location
West Valley City, UT, USA
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm starting up my breeding project for a mated pair of fancy clowns, they're doing great however there's been a bit of an algae bloom in the tank. I'm obviously still cleaning by hand and watching the parameters, but I was wondering if there's any clean up crew that would be particularly problematic in terms of eating eggs? At the moment there's just a small handful of snails because I've been pretty unsure, I feel like crabs have a shot at eating eggs, same with something like an urchin. Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with CUC eating eggs and if so what species did it.
 
I wouldn't trust anything other than an obligate herbivore like snails. Crabs shrimp etc would find eggs to be tasty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new