breeding tank short term

  • Thread starter Thread starter rostalee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rostalee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
Location
medowie
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bengali Cardinal male is holding eggs in his mouth. I want to try to keep these guys alive. I was thinking off popping my spare tank on a cabinet next to the display and then just having a slow siphon from the display into the extra tank, and then from the extra tank down into my sump. This would then have a slow flow for the babies, and keep the water more stable than having a small 20L tank on its own.

Do you think this would work?

Once they are large enough I will pop them in a isolation tank in the display tank.
 
In theory, yeah, that could work. In practice I would *personally* not attempt this balancing act of a three tank system. Keep us posted!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new