OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of quick updates. First, it was finally time to order more CuC from John at Reefcleaners.org so that arrives tomorrow.
I have started bringing my CaRx back online for the first time since the crash. Very slowly lowering pH to transition from 2-part dosing to the CaRx. I have dropped my 2 part addition rate by roughly 100ml/day so far.
I had no idea brittle starfish could live so long. I don't remember exactly when I got him, but it was over 3 years ago and he is still living in his favorite spot under the rocks.

And in non reef related news... COVID... For the first time since I got sick I was able to complete a 4 mile run without having to stop and walk. Here is my heart rate data. Both runs were paced at 9:30min/mile. The 10 mile run on Nov. 21st was 2 days after my Covid exposure but prior to symptoms. Last night I ran 4 miles. You can see how much harder my heart is having to work. It's no wonder I can't run like I had been!
10mile.jpg
4 mile.jpg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of quick updates. First, it was finally time to order more CuC from John at Reefcleaners.org so that arrives tomorrow.
I have started bringing my CaRx back online for the first time since the crash. Very slowly lowering pH to transition from 2-part dosing to the CaRx. I have dropped my 2 part addition rate by roughly 100ml/day so far.
I had no idea brittle starfish could live so long. I don't remember exactly when I got him, but it was over 3 years ago and he is still living in his favorite spot under the rocks.

And in non reef related news... COVID... For the first time since I got sick I was able to complete a 4 mile run without having to stop and walk. Here is my heart rate data. Both runs were paced at 9:30min/mile. The 10 mile run on Nov. 21st was 2 days after my Covid exposure but prior to symptoms. Last night I ran 4 miles. You can see how much harder my heart is having to work. It's no wonder I can't run like I had been!
10mile.jpg
4 mile.jpg
Wow, that is crazy isnt it? I have never seen a virus do this to people. I have seen people have a fitness set back after a serious bronchitis or pneumonia. Well, actually covid does cause those things though. It is just weird. You get the flu, a week or 2 later a runner is a runner still. You get the vid and you see stuff like that. I see the average and the peak were not all that different but the milage was 4 miles vs 10 miles right? Remind me...How bad were your symptoms?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is crazy isnt it? I have never seen a virus do this to people. I have seen people have a fitness set back after a serious bronchitis or pneumonia. Well, actually covid does cause those things though. It is just weird. You get the flu, a week or 2 later a runner is a runner still. You get the vid and you see stuff like that. I see the average and the peak were not all that different but the milage was 4 miles vs 10 miles right? Remind me...How bad were your symptoms?
My symptoms were very minor. Headache for around 36 hours and lethargic for a few days. Completely a non issue. Would hardly have slowed me down had I not QT'd myself.

That actually is a very big difference in heart rate for me. Prior to COVID, my heart would only get into the 180bpm range if I were doing 7:30min miles like in a 5k race. I normally only get into the red on long runs if I try to kick it in for the last mile.

Edit: My average HR was similar, but only because I put my fitness tracker on well before starting the short run.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brew, just wondering what the reason is for 5 lights over a tank of that size? Wouldnt 3 side by side work? I have the same lights, but only have 4 going over a 84x32x31 tank.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My symptoms were very minor. Headache for around 36 hours and lethargic for a few days. Completely a non issue. Would hardly have slowed me down had I not QT'd myself.

That actually is a very big difference in heart rate for me. Prior to COVID, my heart would only get into the 180bpm range if I were doing 7:30min miles like in a 5k race. I normally only get into the red on long runs if I try to kick it in for the last mile.

Edit: My average HR was similar, but only because I put my fitness tracker on well before starting the short run.
We’re you stuffy? Or sinus issues?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that is what I thought I remembered. it is crazy to me. have you taken a break from running that would account for deconditioning?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brew, just wondering what the reason is for 5 lights over a tank of that size? Wouldnt 3 side by side work? I have the same lights, but only have 4 going over a 84x32x31 tank.
Strictly to help with shading issues. I definitely don't need them for spread or PAR.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re you stuffy? Or sinus issues?
No sinus issues at all.

that is what I thought I remembered. it is crazy to me. have you taken a break from running that would account for deconditioning?
I'm sure that has come into play at least a little bit, but it hasn't been for a lack of trying. I had 4 previous attempts to run 4 miles but had to stop between 2.5 and 3.5 miles in because of heart palpitations. I've been doing some cardio on an exercise bike since I have more control over my heart rate that way.
It really is crazy.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sinus issues at all.

I'm sure that has come into play at least a little bit, but it hasn't been for a lack of trying. I had 4 previous attempts to run 4 miles but had to stop between 2.5 and 3.5 miles in because of heart palpitations. I've been doing some cardio on an exercise bike since I have more control over my heart rate that way.
It really is crazy.
Wow, this what is so scary about this disease. Did you ever pin down how you got it? Not that it matters! It is out there. Xxoo

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this what is so scary about this disease. Did you ever pin down how you got it? Not that it matters! It is out there. Xxoo
I got it at work. There were 6 of us in the office that all got it at the same time. The person who brought it to work had just gotten a flu shot and thought his fever was from that so he came to work for 2 days with symptoms... can't say I blame him, just terrible timing.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, you suck was just my knee jerk reaction! My second thought is I am so happy you get to be at the happy place!
It's been a good trip so far. Would be much better if I could have found someone to go with. Even my son couldn't go. It's very strange being here by myself.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a good trip so far. Would be much better if I could have found someone to go with. Even my son couldn't go. It's very strange being here by myself.
Yeah... I bet. I think some behind the scene tours would be great for a solo trip. But not sure they are doing that with covid.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew,
Any updates on your reef?
I can't say that anything much has changed. I really need to get in there and prune some monti caps again, along with the purple slimmer. I also need to get the BTA's out of the system. They are killing off my green slimer.

My tank is a little neglected but I still enjoy it. I did set up a 3d printer and printed off a silencer for my filter socks, so that is nice. If I get the glass cleaned up tonight maybe I'll take some pictures!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't say that anything much has changed. I really need to get in there and prune some monti caps again, along with the purple slimmer. I also need to get the BTA's out of the system. They are killing off my green slimer.

My tank is a little neglected but I still enjoy it. I did set up a 3d printer and printed off a silencer for my filter socks, so that is nice. If I get the glass cleaned up tonight maybe I'll take some pictures!

Good to hear from you bud!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Would love to see a picture.
Good to hear from you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back