Bright orange algae

pwendlandt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Location
spain
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have this very interesting orange Algae (I think) growing around my rocks. Does anyone know what it is? Is it good? Bad? Should I be worried


I recently had a drop on my salinity so maybe that is what caused it but don’t really know what it could be I have some imagines to help identify it

IMG_8558.jpeg IMG_8557.jpeg IMG_8556.jpeg
 
Hello!

I have this very interesting orange Algae (I think) growing around my rocks. Does anyone know what it is? Is it good? Bad? Should I be worried


I recently had a drop on my salinity so maybe that is what caused it but don’t really know what it could be I have some imagines to help identify it

IMG_8558.jpeg IMG_8557.jpeg IMG_8556.jpeg
Are you sure that is not a sponge?
 
It’s a type of encrusting algae similar to Coraline, the name has skipped my mind but it does look really good under blue light. I wouldn’t worry with it, as long as you like the look.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new