Bright yellow zoa recommendations?

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe its the way they frag them? I'd assume some of the yellow ones are slower growing and a little more finicky. I recently found out I was messing up when I fragged my Rastas, I kept doing single polyps and had a lot of casualties due to that.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you say scrambled eggs are muted but mine seem to shine bright especially in blues!

Old pic without filter (looks muted out but not how they look in person)
7369F619-B31D-426F-8880-E64EE48B73CE.jpeg

new pic with Orphek lens kit that shows more natural color you seen with your eyes.
CB04D756-6ED6-4AF7-8A0D-BA572987D647.jpeg

I like them and it adds that yellow you talk about to my tank. I also have stargazer, blondies and Tubbs blue zoas in my tank.

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of zoas in my tank and my scrambled eggs compete with my utter chaos in terms of brightness, I believe it’s a lighting thing. Many people place zoas in lower lit areas but if they’re placed in higher light then they’re often much brighter! I noticed a gigantic difference in my zoa coloration after I added a new light.

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the original starter of this thread, i was on the hunt for a truly satisfying yellow zoa for a long time. Yellow being my favorite color, i looked everywhere! i'm not talking about a muted yellow, or a mid yellow, but a true yellow, if you google up a pic of a "yellow clown goby", that's the type of yellow i was looking for. I started off with scrambled eggs, and they were nice, but not even close. I got some Blondies and rainbow infusions, then i got some fruit loop zoas, cornbred mandarin orange zoas, king midas zoas, super siayan, dragon eye zoa, sponge bob zoa, eagle eye zoa, etc...never found one that i felt like was truly yellow. I know it exists, because i traded a guy once, and when i explained i wanted a yellow zoa, he said that he had one polyp of a zoa he didn't know the name, but it was really yellow. i got it and it was a beautiful yellow, but it never grew much, just got to two or three polyps, this was a while ago, so my memory on it isn't 100%) Anyhow, good luck in your search, if you do find something, please post up a pic, and the name, and where you got it from! I had a tank crash, and all my zoas died, so i'm starting over from scratch...

(one additional thing, i'm talking about looking yellow under regular lighting, not with just the blues on)

Last edited:

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In reference to the zoa i felt like was the closest to a nice true yellow, I'll see if i can upload a pic, but that was probably the closest i got to a true yellow, or at least my version of it = ) If you look in the bottom right corner, it's the little two polyp frag, it's not all yellow, but had a nice yellow skirt, with a white band, and orange-ish on the inside.

yell.jpg

Last edited:

zerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrambled eggs are nice but more of a dull yellow. Midas are nice, buttmunchers are more of a screaming yellow (at least in my tank) and won’t break the bank

Odd, I think my Scrambled Eggs are the nicest yellow ones I have. I wouldn't say dull, perhaps just not neon yellow. Then again my favorite orange zoa is orange oxide. I like the perfect symmetry they seem to have. Perfect little yellow disk, without any variation, like the oxide with it's perfect round orange disk.

Pictures are tough but these seem really close to what I actually have (with a green fringe as opposed to yellow):

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunny Ds, King midas or Bam Bams for bright orange. All are hardy and should be cheap,

Back