zoa placement in tank, please chime in.

myles4miles

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2025
Messages
133
Reaction score
51
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a few zoas and wanted to start a little zoa garden. I got some pandoras, space juice, rastas, scrambled eggs, and some random one I don't know i threw them in high lighting at the top of a rock because I wanted the color to pop out a little more, after some thinking i moved some rock around and now have a little slant rock on the left side of the tank that leads to the sand, I'm wondering if I should move the zoas down on the slant rather then up on the top, thinking long term for when it starts to grow, I think the bottom of the slanted rock on the left is perfect, but it is home to a bubble tip wich seems stationary, and it at the bottom of the tank(lower light) and chime in on where I should start the zoas garden would be nice. i moved 2 of the zoas from the top down to the slant, wondering if i should move the rest down there and flood that rock and maybe replace that area up top with a nice hammer.
I KNOW PEOPLE WILL SAY IT IS MY TANK AND MY OPINION BUT IM LOOKING FOR YOURS, THANK YOU.
ill post 3 pics, the full tank, and where the zoas are now. any responses would be awsome thank you very much!!!!
PS: also i know the limp peepee toad stool is dead/dying/limp, i took it out and tooth brushed some algae off yesterday( its still not melting though)
IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg
 
Everyone will have a sweet spot but mine have always (for years) done best at lower third to mid tank under moderate light and water flow
 
I like my zoes all together and around 50-150 par. They should have their own rock.
That purple rock on the left would be perfect IMO. Put the BTA somewhere else if he'll stay. lol
 
Since you know what kind they are I would look them up and see what kind of lighting they want.

I know I have a zoa tile that really wants to be closer to the lights than most... but my other zoas are on the sand, bottom of the tank, happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new