Bright yellow zoa recommendations?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacmans/buttmunchers (not entirely sure which of the two these are or whether those are two names for the same thing)

True vibrant yellow like a yellow goby. Sadly some of them get a yellow-green sheen (that would still pass as yellow on other zoas) around the truly yellow part, I think that's because of a difference in lighting.
IMG_20210127_113618.jpg
IMG_20210127_113629.jpg

Also the tips of the tentacles of mind tricks
IMG_20210127_113246.jpg

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the original starter of this thread, i was on the hunt for a truly satisfying yellow zoa for a long time. Yellow being my favorite color, i looked everywhere! i'm not talking about a muted yellow, or a mid yellow, but a true yellow, if you google up a pic of a "yellow clown goby", that's the type of yellow i was looking for. I started off with scrambled eggs, and they were nice, but not even close. I got some Blondies and rainbow infusions, then i got some fruit loop zoas, cornbred mandarin orange zoas, king midas zoas, super siayan, dragon eye zoa, sponge bob zoa, eagle eye zoa, etc...never found one that i felt like was truly yellow. I know it exists, because i traded a guy once, and when i explained i wanted a yellow zoa, he said that he had one polyp of a zoa he didn't know the name, but it was really yellow. i got it and it was a beautiful yellow, but it never grew much, just got to two or three polyps, this was a while ago, so my memory on it isn't 100%) Anyhow, good luck in your search, if you do find something, please post up a pic, and the name, and where you got it from! I had a tank crash, and all my zoas died, so i'm starting over from scratch...

(one additional thing, i'm talking about looking yellow under regular lighting, not with just the blues on)
This is exactly what I am trying to find out. Did you ever find something good?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parazoanthus gracilis or ‘yellow polyps’. They’re really common (or at least they used to be), but people don’t like them because they grow so quickly that they can become a nuisance. But I think they can be pretty if kept isolated (kind of like gsp). I don’t know if being in a zoa garden if they would overtake the zoanthids around them or if they’d coexist peacefully, I’m sure someone here has tried it.

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parazoanthus gracilis or ‘yellow polyps’. They’re really common (or at least they used to be), but people don’t like them because they grow so quickly that they can become a nuisance. But I think they can be pretty if kept isolated (kind of like gsp). I don’t know if being in a zoa garden if they would overtake the zoanthids around them or if they’d coexist peacefully, I’m sure someone here has tried it.
Thanks!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow polyps will grow next to other coral. Or on them lol.
Zoa matts tend to grow thick and cover everything. Yellow polyps grow on a line type matt vs. an overall encrusting matt. Hths
D

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the original starter of this thread, i was on the hunt for a truly satisfying yellow zoa for a long time. Yellow being my favorite color, i looked everywhere! i'm not talking about a muted yellow, or a mid yellow, but a true yellow, if you google up a pic of a "yellow clown goby", that's the type of yellow i was looking for. I started off with scrambled eggs, and they were nice, but not even close. I got some Blondies and rainbow infusions, then i got some fruit loop zoas, cornbred mandarin orange zoas, king midas zoas, super siayan, dragon eye zoa, sponge bob zoa, eagle eye zoa, etc...never found one that i felt like was truly yellow. I know it exists, because i traded a guy once, and when i explained i wanted a yellow zoa, he said that he had one polyp of a zoa he didn't know the name, but it was really yellow. i got it and it was a beautiful yellow, but it never grew much, just got to two or three polyps, this was a while ago, so my memory on it isn't 100%) Anyhow, good luck in your search, if you do find something, please post up a pic, and the name, and where you got it from! I had a tank crash, and all my zoas died, so i'm starting over from scratch...

(one additional thing, i'm talking about looking yellow under regular lighting, not with just the blues on)
I am looking for a true yellow zoa right now. Did you ever find one?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luxors on the left:

luxors and la lakers.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back